This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#934798 by gwamgwam
30 Apr 2017, 11:59
I managed to book 3 upper class reward flights for Manchester Las Vegas in August. I booked these a while ago when the route was showing as an A330 with plenty of UC availability.

Since then the route has changed to a 747 for July and August with only the 14 upper class seats. My booking is still showing and we have seat numbers reserved.

A couple of questions - Do Virgin ever overbook upper class on a 747 leisure route like Manchester to Las Vegas? If so, will we be an easy target given we have 3 reward seats?

Now it's a 747, upper class on that route is nearly sold out for the whole of August and the odd bit of availability is full fare. Are Virgin likely to cancel our booking so they can sell them full fare?

Finally, if they do cancel, what are our rights to change to upper class on another route like London to Los Angeles. We are doing it for the upper class experience so downgrading to PE would not work for us.

Hope someone can put my mind at rest.
#934799 by gumshoe
30 Apr 2017, 12:53
If you have a confirmed, ticketed booking you should be fine. All airlines overbook to a greater or lesser extent, but VS has no known track record of bumping people just because they used miles to book.

If they do have to bump people it tends to be because they were last to check in so make sure you check in asap (preferably online when it opens at T-24) and issue your boarding passes, then your chances of being bumped are very slim.

If the worst should happen you would be entitled to compensation under EU law, on top of any goodwill gesture VS may offer, but it is certainly not something you should be stressing about.