This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#934819 by gilly
01 May 2017, 13:42
Having got the Gs I wanted for next year, we're thinking of using some spare miles to transfer us from the airport to the Shangri La, Kowloon.

Does anyone know the maximum number of bags we may take? We are likely to have 5 good size cases plus 2 cabin cases - too many?

Thanks for any advice.
#934854 by JCBR
02 May 2017, 16:16
I do not know how many miles you will use but honestly you should save your miles for another trip - you get far better value using them for Virgin flights.
A taxi to Shangri-La will cost about £30 and you can get a nice uber car if you want something larger and fancy for about £40
You will burn a lot of miles which nowhere near reflect their value as a way of buying seats.

KLN Shangri-La is a lovely hotel - you will feel rather spoilt for sure.
#934871 by DragonLady
02 May 2017, 21:52
My experience is that they use Mercedes people carrier type vehicles so do -able if only two passengers Personally I think you'd need two taxis for the ammount of luggage you'll have - 5 good size cases and two cabin bags will take up a fair bit of room in a ( not very big) HKG taxi :)

DL
#934884 by cheesebag
03 May 2017, 08:11
Save your miles, I got from Kowloon to Disney (not too far from the airport) for under £20 in uber
#934977 by gilly
05 May 2017, 18:50
Ok, we'll obviously need to reconsider - thanks for the comments.
Virgin Atlantic