This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#934976 by redengines4me
05 May 2017, 18:50
Have done online check in for tomorrow's VS27 to MCO. Whilst doing so, getting seq 19 and 20, I noticed that there was an option for volunteers to take another flight offering miles or money. As we booked the holiday last August, getting acceptably priced Z fares, there is no way that the offer was of interest as the timing and Cabin suited us.

As we only normally take one break in Orlando a year I have no way of knowing whether this request for volunteers is standard or shows that the flight is overbooked.

Can anyone throw any light on this?

Mike
#934979 by joeyc
05 May 2017, 20:37
Airlines usually overbook flights expecting a certain amount of no-shows/last min cancellations.

The same thing popped up at OLCI for my recent PE DXB-LHR flight.

Nothing happened and I leveraged the fact they had obviously oversold the cabin for an cheeky miles upgrade to UC.

Don't worry I am sure you guys will be fine.
#934992 by Lonemorf
06 May 2017, 11:54
Same thing happened to me recently - was booked PE, on a K class, and was told I couldn't upgrade to upper due to K class. The CI agent then realised that PE was oversold, and they have 1 too few seats, so let me upgrade to UC to solve their issue. Win win.