This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#934996 by joeyc
06 May 2017, 14:26
A very good afternoon from Sealink and I from the VS clubhouse at LHR.

We were originally booked onto the VS121 from MAN-BOS until being dumped via text message yesterday late afternoon. The flight was cancelled and as of yet I cannot find out as to why, 'operational reasons' was floated on VS CS chat yesterday but I got the impression that even they did not know.

To give them their due Virgin were quick to rebook us onto the VS11 leaving from LHR with a BA domestic in CE to get us from MAN-LHR in the first place.

I was only here two weeks ago, and so nothing new to report on the refit front. The old conceirge desk and jacuzzi area is still walled off undergoing construction. I believe they are installing a media room in this area.. can't wait to see it when finished.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far and I will work on those TRs that I owe you, I know all are eager to see the inside of the A333 refits. :cool:
#935001 by joeyc
06 May 2017, 15:31
Haha, it was inconvenient at first but as soon as check in at MAN went without issue I was happier.

I'm back on the sauce now buns... course I won't :-P

In flight update news, the Shanghai flight VS250 has just been delayed due to 'the gate staff not being ready'.. bad times for VS at the mo.
#935007 by tontybear
06 May 2017, 17:45
Could have been quite expensive for VS to have BA fly pax down to MAN using last minute ticket buys (even at a discount)

Any idea how many pax affected?

Don't forget to claim your BA miles and TPs! And you might get some EU261 as well depending on the circumstances and your arrival times,
#935024 by joeyc
07 May 2017, 15:16
Cheers guys, it was a good flight.

tontybear wrote:Could have been quite expensive for VS to have BA fly pax down to MAN using last minute ticket buys (even at a discount)

Any idea how many pax affected?

Don't forget to claim your BA miles and TPs! And you might get some EU261 as well depending on the circumstances and your arrival times,

I think it was too. There were at least a couple of others on our BA flight and I saw about a dozen BA transfer tags on the luggage belt.

Landing time was outside of the 2hr delay window permitted by EU261 governing cancellations and there is still no proper word on why it was cancelled ('operational reasons' isn't a reason!), so that should be 600 euro compensation coming my way.

Thanks for the tips, I added my exec club number to the BA booking so fingers crossed the TPs and Avios credit automatically.
#935025 by tontybear
07 May 2017, 18:57
joeyc wrote:Landing time was outside of the 2hr delay window permitted by EU261 governing cancellations and there is still no proper word on why it was cancelled ('operational reasons' isn't a reason!), so that should be 600 euro compensation coming my way.

Thanks for the tips, I added my exec club number to the BA booking so fingers crossed the TPs and Avios credit automatically.

As long as this applied then they should cough up.

Article 5.1.c (iii)

they are informed of the cancellation less than seven days before the scheduled time of departure and are offered re-routing, allowing them to depart no more than one hour before the scheduled time of departure and to reach their final destination less than two hours after the scheduled time of arrival.

Enjoy Boston!
Virgin Atlantic