This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#935018 by nickcavesage
07 May 2017, 09:33
We're flying out to Orlando from Manchester in October. I booked 5 x PE seats for us.

Unfortunately my adult son can't go now, due to a new job starting in early October with an extended training period.

I contacted VA about cancelling and what I could expect by way of a refund.yes. it's a non-refundable ticket, so I was looking for clarification.

The guy told me he'd do the form for me...tres kind! - and we went through it. 13 days later, no e-mails. I rang yesterday ( the 6th ) to be told to ring back Monday as there's no sign of anything having been done, hey ho :-)

Could any kind soul give me an idea of what if anything I can expect / am entitled to etc. I ask since in my conversations with VA I've been told ' guesstimates' from around £102 to £212 as a refund of taxes???

I honestly don't have a clue..... and while I'm sure VA won't have me over :-D I'd just like to know what the situation should be.

TIA
#935019 by tontybear
07 May 2017, 10:38
You will get back the airport fees and government fees and taxes less admin fee which I think is £30.

APD in PE is £150 and the rest around £50 (though I've not looked at the actual fare breakdown which you could do via a dummy booking)