This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#935028 by David
07 May 2017, 21:01
Happy dance,

After mumping consistently about VS's prices to the point where the opening conversation with anyone was "got your flights booked yet" before they took a step or two back, I stumbled across a reasonable price this morning to Orlando in 3 weeks time.

Charging in and booking, I didn't look at the fare codes, an upper is an upper, and wasn't expecting it to be anything other than a Z

In my booking, it gives the options to book chauffeur driven cars and when clicking on the link, takes me to a booking page with the flight details, dates and optional pickup points populated.

Haven't went any further (yet)

Does anyone know a - where to find fare codes in "my booking" or b - is this just a standard link and on completion, will just give you a price.

Many thanks

David.
#935029 by Vegascrazy
07 May 2017, 21:22
Hi Dave, I have the same invitation link in my booking to book the CDC, but know I can't as fare class doesn't qualify.

For the heck of it I clicked on it and worked through to see what would happen, entering date, pick up address etc......only to click on submit and be presented with >>

"We're sorry, your ticket type is not eligible for a complimentary car
We're sorry, the booking can't be made at this time. Please contact Upper Class Support on 0344-412-4666"

No surprise there I guess, we are talking about the most shambolic airline website around! Even the message that is displayed doesn't make sense as they offer two entirely different reasons for the problem!
#935030 by David
07 May 2017, 21:41
Lol

Got the same message after trying. What a weird website. You would have thought if it wasn't an eligible ticket, they might have tried to make some money by giving you a price for the car. ( you can have that revenue stream on me VS if your reading )

Kinda thought it might be the case but would still like to try and find fare code.

Not to worry, get to check out the new Gatwick clubhouse, fly direct and save having to go via Dublin ( no offence HL :-D ) and for a "reasonable" price.

David
#935031 by tontybear
07 May 2017, 21:57
fare bucket is usually displayed in the 'fare breakdown' section - link to bottom right of the page after you've selected flights,
#935032 by Vegascrazy
07 May 2017, 22:02
tontybear wrote:fare bucket is usually displayed in the 'fare breakdown' section - link to bottom right of the page after you've selected flights,

I think if it's an existing booking, since the site downgrade last Nov you can no longer see fare class on MMB via website. The only way I think is via the app, happy to be corrected.
#935033 by CommanderB
08 May 2017, 03:03
Fare bucket isn't always reliably viewable through the Fare Breakdown on step 2 of Flight Overview. Sometimes it will show as Jxx, Dxx, Cxx, Ixx, Zxx etc but not always. Those Delta codes are pretty much indecipherable sometimes. Other than that, there is no way to know BEFORE booking unless you phone and ask. I have complained about this multiple times.

Once booked, log in to FC and go to Future flights, Manage this booking, and once it has been ticketed, you will have a 'View Receipt' option next to Print and View as PDF. On the receipt there is a 'Class' field - this is what you want.
#935035 by Vegascrazy
08 May 2017, 07:30
CommanderB wrote:Fare bucket isn't always reliably viewable through the Fare Breakdown on step 2 of Flight Overview. Sometimes it will show as Jxx, Dxx, Cxx, Ixx, Zxx etc but not always. Those Delta codes are pretty much indecipherable sometimes. Other than that, there is no way to know BEFORE booking unless you phone and ask. I have complained about this multiple times.

Once booked, log in to FC and go to Future flights, Manage this booking, and once it has been ticketed, you will have a 'View Receipt' option next to Print and View as PDF. On the receipt there is a 'Class' field - this is what you want.

Thanks for that CommanderB. The only issue is that, since the changes last November, if your booking has been subject to the tiniest of changes, when you go into view future flights you get this massive message emblazoned over the entire top of the screen >>
"We're very sorry, but there has been a change affecting your booking. If you are not happy with your new itinerary please contact us to discuss other options.
Be sure to check the latest Visa and Passport Requirements for each country you'll be stopping in or visiting. If we are unable to accommodate a previously purchased Extra Leg room or Exit row seat you can request a refund for these."

This banner hides the clickable links that once were visible below it, including "view receipt". All my bookings have this and the message doesn't go away even when you call Virgin to "accept" the changes. There used to be a button to accept the changes which never worked, but that button has gone now. Loads of folk have mentioned this bug on VS's Facebook page but, after 6 months, the site is as dire as ever :(

The email ticket receipts no longer contain fare class either.
#935036 by mitchja
08 May 2017, 08:30
VS updated their website last week to move down the page those 3 or 4 clickable links which where previously hidden under the schedule change notification box.

You should now be able to see and click those links again including the one which displays the fare info.

It now works on my booking anyway.
#935037 by Vegascrazy
08 May 2017, 08:41
mitchja wrote:VS updated their website last week to move down the page those 3 or 4 clickable links which where previously hidden under the schedule change notification box.

You should now be able to see and click those links again including the one which displays the fare info.

It now works on my booking anyway.

Thanks so much for that James, I'd not noticed the links now further down. Finally we can view our receipts!

if anyone knows how to get rid of the green schedule change banner at the top I'd appreciate any tips. As mentioned earlier there is no longer an "accept changes" button. I've phoned FC to confirm I'm fine with the changes but that was weeks ago and the banner still remains on all my bookings.

Cheers
James

**EDIT** Looking at my ticket receipt two of my flights are not the ones on my booking! Not going to panic, the flights I'm taking are listed correctly on the main part of Manage My Booking and on both the VS and DL apps, so must just be a bug with the "view receipt" function.
#935038 by David
08 May 2017, 10:29
So, after clicking on receipt, that is now showing, it turns out I have a Z and an I, so it looks like I have a car on the way back *insert confused smilie*

David
#935052 by honey lamb
08 May 2017, 17:28
David wrote:Not to worry, get to check out the new Gatwick clubhouse, fly direct and save having to go via Dublin ( no offence HL :-D ) and for a "reasonable" price.

David

None taken! :D
Virgin Atlantic