This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#935369 by property1925
19 May 2017, 18:29
Advice about what to do next please. I'm AU of long -standing (although I think that should be irrelevant in this case).

I also acknowledge that part of this is my fault.

I flew LHR - HKG in UC. (I think it was a C fare, but it wasn't G or Z). A lot was wrong, including a broken seat which was bolt upright all the way overnight on a packed plane. Crew fantastic; customer relations on return really good. I opted for vouchers to spend on future flights. Perfect

I put the vouchers in a safe place - a very safe place. Can't find them - this is the bit that's my fault. Spoke to FC - advice was to just email in and explain and they will cancel and re-issue. Emailed late March. Auto-reply and nothing; again end April, same result; again 15th May.

Reply today. This is the reply - all of it. "Under the terms and conditions of this voucher, I'm afraid that if the document has been lost, stolen or destroyed, we are unable to reissue this for you.
I realise that this will come as a disappointment to you and apologise for any inconvenience cause as a result.".

Now, this is probably correct as a matter of strict rules, although FC advised verbally differently. (And I know that I lost them)

And now? Apart from take all my business elsewhere?
#935371 by SlimpyJones
19 May 2017, 18:51
I'd push back to be honest. There was another thread somewhere that suggested emailing the exec office. Tell them you've already been advised that it can be replaced - if you're able to find out the date and time you called, this will help them to verify it if they feel so inclined.

[email protected]
#935549 by s2driveruk
27 May 2017, 06:54
Surely they can confirm that the voucher reference numer hasnt been used to book travel, blacklist it then reissue a replacement. Hardly a big ask you wouldnt think. I would pushback too...
#935556 by Kraken
27 May 2017, 12:46
Definitely push-back to Virgin on this. If you had opted for cash compensation they would have issued a cheque - which they would be able to trace had not been cleared, so stop it and reissue it. I am sure the vouchers have a serial number of some kind on, so again, it should be easy for Virgin to stop / blacklist the voucher & reissue.

If you can remember the date & approximate time of your call to Virgin this will help a lot. I had an issue with a booking (paying taxes using a card not in the name of the traveller) and the Swansea Call Centre advised me this was OK, but I had to present myself at either MAN or LHR ticket desk with ID to pay the taxes. Off I went to the airport (LHR) and the ticket desk said it was not possible, they could not collect a tax due in US dollars in the UK. Thankfully I had the name & extension number of the person I spoke to in Swansea (+ the date & time of the call). They ended up getting someone to listen to the call & confirm that I was clearly told this was possible. They then spent a good while (& a few people) finding away to override the system and take the tax payment.
#935603 by benchsmith
28 May 2017, 15:47
Got to say customer service and exec office are a waste of time now.

I think there must have been a change in management or attitude as it has definitely seen a huge change.

On a flight back from MCO in January this year encountered a verbally and physically abusive pax behind us who had to be restrained by cabin crew.

Requested CC to get police to meet us at LGW as it was intimidation and threatening behavior which is not tolerable and also not acceptable under the aviation industry codes.

Get to Gawick after CC and FSM confirmed this would be the case and a report had been filed to no police and then the pax waiting in the on site car park for LGW when we got out of the terminal.

Needless to say it did not result in any actual physical harm but was extremely distressing as well as the pax continuing to be disruptive and physically pushing seat and making comments throughout the remainder 8 hours of the flight.

Wrote to Customer Services and Exec office.

Exec office wrote it off and said all we can say is sorry nothing we can offer.

Customer Services responded to the complaint and said that they had given miles in acknowledgement for the distress and failures that took place however, upon querying my mileage upgrade with MBNA have been told the recompence in miles that has been applied to my account following successful closure of the complaint is the upgrade from the expenditure on my card and there was no recompense for the failures and abuse that was received onboard.

Seriously considering leaving VS now as it is going downhill very quickly since the DL partnership it is almost turning into the american incident recently.
Virgin Atlantic