This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#935400 by David
21 May 2017, 08:32
If I'm flying EDI - LGW - MCO and reverse on the way home, can I still book a car from EDI back to the house or does it now have to be via LGW ?

The return ( MCO- LGW ) is booked as an I class

I'm guessing if it is doable, it would have to be by phone ?

thanks

David
#935413 by Kraken
21 May 2017, 19:11
Well if it's on their website (as below) you should be OK. Quite what they mean by "Regional" I don't know. It should, in theory, be up to 75 driven miles from the airport.

Do be aware, they stick very much to the 75 driven miles limit now. If Google Maps says it's over 75miles, then they won't book a car for you without a card payment for the excess mileage.
#935423 by SNOMO
22 May 2017, 19:30
Kraken wrote:Well if it's on their website (as below) you should be OK. Quite what they mean by "Regional" I don't know. It should, in theory, be up to 75 driven miles from the airport.

Do be aware, they stick very much to the 75 driven miles limit now. If Google Maps says it's over 75miles, then they won't book a car for you without a card payment for the excess mileage.

Oh I didn't know you could pay the excess mileage! Does it give details anywhere on the website how much per mile it is? Might work out cheaper than our usual driver.
#935424 by Kraken
22 May 2017, 22:19
I would not bet on it being cheaper even if VS do still allow you to pay the excess. They wanted to charge me £35 for going 8 miles over the 75 driven miles you're allowed (one-way).
#935450 by David
23 May 2017, 18:17
Just an update on this.

Eventually got the "chat" button on the web page - that thing never appears when you want it, but always seems to appear when you don't ! - and was advised to phone the upper line.

Yup, it's all booked, took a while, but all fine.

Good to know, Now need to see if I can bag another I fare for July :-D

David.
Virgin Atlantic