This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#935511 by chriscol
25 May 2017, 13:55
Hi Folks!

I've heard conflicting things about this... I've seen posts saying that in Economy, the IFE boxes are under A, K and the two centre seats in the middle four (i.e. E and F). But Seatguru says they're under A, G and K. Then again, a lot of the seat reviews in Seatguru talk about IFE boxes being under D, so... which is it?!

Does anyone know for sure? I'm 6-foot-6, so looking to avoid IFE boxes if at all possible... Grateful for any guidance!

Thanks,
Chris
#935513 by Nottingham Nick
25 May 2017, 14:38
Welcome to V-Flyer.

I have no idea about the IFE boxes, I am only 6' 2" and, when I fly in Y, I firmly believe that exit row seats are a sound investment.

Failing that, extra leg room seats , but at 6' 6", even that will still be a squeeze IMHO.

Nick
#935523 by chriscol
25 May 2017, 17:14
Thanks Nick. No exit row seats available unfortunately, but absolutely - that's what I normally go for. I've bagged an extra legroom seat, but there are a number available, so I just want to make sure I've grabbed one without a IFE box in front of it... if anyone knows! :-)
#935557 by sky0000547
27 May 2017, 13:39
The IFE box in Y on A346 are indeed under the 2 window seats (A&K) and the 2 centre seats (E&F). That's mainly why I always take aisle seats. I personally dislike exit row/bulkhead seats due to limited width of the fixed armrests.