This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#935686 by mswadley
02 Jun 2017, 00:14
We're off to Antigua in August with VH flying PE.

Although I booked in March for August I was told at the time that the new VRoom was fully booked and that is still the case. (There are 4 of us but my wife and I both have Plat Amex PP)
Questions:
1. Best lounge option at LGW North terminal?
2. Flight at 10.00 am - will we all get into No 1 at 7.00-8.00am? How early should we get there?
3. Can you pay to enter CH and if so how? Tweeted VS and they said usually yes but not if I had kids :-O
Is this true? I've taken kids into the LHR CH although that was when we were in UC.
4. Should I worry about missing out on the VRoom, is it any good?

Thanks for advice
#935687 by gumshoe
02 Jun 2017, 04:51
1. No.1 Lounge, if you can't buy your way into the Clubhouse.
2. Depends how busy it is. You can always pre-book to guarantee entry - I believe they have a quota for PP and once they hit it it's one in, one out even if there's plenty of room. You probably wouldn't want to spend more than an hour to 90 minutes in there.
3. I wasn't aware you couldn't pay to take kids in the CH but then I've never tried. Paid-for entry is never guaranteed for anyone, however - depends how busy they expect to be. You'll just have to chance your arm on the day at CH reception (no pre-booking allowed).
4. Can't comment as never used it. But it's very much aimed at families with kids whereas the CH and No.1 Lounge are meant to be business lounges (although of course LGW is more leisure than business oriented).

So in summary if you want to be certain of getting in a lounge, I'd pre-book No.1. If you're happy to chance it on the day, try your luck at the CH and if no joy go back downstairs and try No.1 with your PP.
#935798 by LucyLu
06 Jun 2017, 16:39
We used the No1 lounge at North terminal last month for our trip to BGI. It was pretty busy so I would recommend pre-booking (you can get a discount and extra miles by booking via FC but I found the link very difficult to locate). I think we paid £25 each or £22.50 each

It emptied out about 9am. If your flight is 10am you are allowed to enter 3h ahead, so you can go in at 7am.

I would use it again, although I preferred the smaller No1 lounge at South terminal. Nice start to the holiday though now that they do prosecco included in the price