This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#935724 by Lucydog
03 Jun 2017, 16:35
Tried since first thing to check in 5 adults at the Crown Plaza in Manchester for the 85 to las tomorrow but it's only giving 3 names. Called virgin and told to go over to the VH help desk and sort it out. Went and it was closed. Swiss port desk asked me if they could help, and said I will need to check in then go to bag drop as the 2 missing names need to be put back on. So to get there 3/4 hours early tomorrow. So wasted most of the afternoon. Why let any of us on if we still have to check in. Puzzling !! Not Very pleased Virgin.
#935729 by shaneg17
04 Jun 2017, 07:52
I had the same issue with my recent trip to MCO, could only check in 4 of my 11 strong party.

That said the VS crew at LGW were stunning and it wasn't an issue at all.
#935755 by Lucydog
05 Jun 2017, 14:13
UPDATE.
Went over to T2 to chech in at desk, got checked in and told I had been selected for security checks. This is quick and as easy ,you are treated with great respect. Don't worry it's ok, my seat selection was as I requested, I was frisked once each at different points. Hot Lips was our ride and we were in row 20,21,22 HK. Seats all worked fine and very comfy.
Food on flight. First offering pretzels and choice of drink. No pre booking for lunch, it's as it comes along, which was ckicken pasta, very nice my son said. Beef casserole me was fine,veggie curry not tested.all with green salad roll and butter cheese spread and cracker, and a very nice cheesecake with fresh fruit, liqueurs came around later after the hot drinks. Later we were offered either a steak pasty/ cheese and tomato pasty. Was ok. Afternoon tea and sandwiches and cakes served 2 hours prior to landing. The best meal of the day from all my party. Also fab lolly 4 hours in. Cabin Crew were the best I have ever had, nothing was to much trouble, and flight crew delt with our little turbulace problems swiftly. Landing into Mccarron very strange I felt like I was hovering this was the mountains making me feel we weren't moving, bit bumpy etc but landing great.
#935758 by SlimpyJones
05 Jun 2017, 16:21
Likewise - I was selected for SSSS on a trip to BOS a couple of weeks ago. Could check my Dad in on the mobile app but not me. SSSS was straightforward!
#935759 by gumshoe
05 Jun 2017, 16:43
And I had SSSS for the VS1 to EWR on Saturday.

Can't help wondering if the number of "random" passengers selected has risen recently ...
#935761 by YoungTraveller
05 Jun 2017, 20:35
gumshoe wrote:And I had SSSS for the VS1 to EWR on Saturday.

Can't help wondering if the number of "random" passengers selected has risen recently ...

Increased vetting by the States?! Surely not...
Virgin Atlantic