This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#935921 by YoungTraveller
11 Jun 2017, 21:01
YoungTraveller wrote:First flight on the 747 UC MAN -> MCO... Think I'm on Tinkerbell as I don't think there's a bar onboard! Gutted...

Update: it was Tinkerbelle! Can see where the comments come from, quite dated and lack of bar is less fun. Although I can also see how the bar would be quite impersonal and too open to enjoy much.

IFE is annoying using a remote, content wasn't too bad but I did instinctively try to touch it pretty much every single time...
#935992 by muppster
15 Jun 2017, 20:49
Flew out to MCO on VBIG a couple of weeks ago.....yes she is definitely looking tired. We were only in PE mind you, front row of the bubble. VBIG does not have touchscreen IFE and my handset didn't work very well, was offered an IPad though! It also didn't have air vents above your head, the nearest ones were behind your head!! And the side cupboards weren't there, although I get the idea that they have been converted to cupboards on other aircraft but not on this one. (or am I not correct?)

Flew back on VROY, much better with all the above mentioned "benefits"! First time in the bubble in PE so the differences were noticeable.
#949475 by virginboy747
24 Mar 2019, 11:37
BIG was an ex LHR aircraft so the bit upstairs that is now PE used to be 10 J seats which prob explains having less air vents and the side bins weren’t there on the original aircraft (unlike ROY etc) so I guess they just put a moulding in instead when she was converted to LGW config