This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#936066 by Trev2283
19 Jun 2017, 19:36
Hi all

Just need some quick advice to check I’ve covered all the necessaries………

I’m travelling to New York on Wednesday with my grandson, I’ve got a signed letter from his mum and dad giving me permission to take him out the country and detailing where were staying. I’ve also included both parents contact details and passport numbers and details of where were staying. I’ve completed the required ESTA’s and have full travel insurance.

Hopefully I’ve covered everything but have I forgotten any anything that may be important. It’s a birthday treat to celebrate his 10th birthday so I don’t want any last-minute hiccups.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Trevor
#936067 by TimCrawley
20 Jun 2017, 00:01
Hi Trevor,

Hopefully it won't be needed while on the trip but it's best to also have signed approval from the parents for you to agree, on their behalf, for the duration of the trip any urgent medical attention required for their son.

Have a fabulous trip together !

Cheers,
Tim
#936078 by Trev2283
20 Jun 2017, 14:33
Thanks Tim

In the letter from my grandson’s parents it also states that I have fully responsibility for my grandson if any medical needs arise (hopefully not) and can make any decisions necessary.

Thanks again
Trevor