This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#936146 by PeterStansfield
23 Jun 2017, 10:30
Hi

We're planning to go to Cuba after our LAS trip next April. It's more compicated than I thought, as it appears that it's not JUST Americans that find it difficult to travel US-Cuba, but everyone else has the same difficulties (I know there are 13 or so categories that you can use to travel this route but they're still difficult to use without lying)

Anyway, we've decided to go via a quick stop in Mexico City. So we looked at Aeromexico. Reading the small print in their terms & Conditions, I noticed 15% discount for the 'over 60's (which me and my wife are). I tried booking on the website, but couldn't get the discount. I tried the service centre, who told me there was no discount. After getting them to read their own terms and conditions they reluctantly agreed there was! - and we saved £300!

I'm now wondering what other airlines do this that I've missed out on? - United ask for 'passengers over 65' - but they don't seem to be any different from the Adult rate

Anyone else got any experience on oldies discounts?

Peter
#936147 by SlimpyJones
23 Jun 2017, 10:42
As a spritely 31 year old I have no experience of this! But I'd be happy to share any experiences I have of Mexico City with you as I am going there in August. Likewise if you have been before and have suggestions I'd be happy to hear them. :)
#936151 by PeterStansfield
23 Jun 2017, 10:48
Hi

No - this will be our first foray into Mexico City. We've been to many other Mexican areas, but never the Capital
We're planning to stay at the Gran Hotel Cuidad (overlooking the big square) and want to visit the Diego Rivera museum

So anything you find out in August I'd be glad to know!

Peter