This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#936400 by Smid
01 Jul 2017, 12:36
It's quite amusing in a way...

I put up with the switch of my flight back at day, and moved it forward to the right day when such nonsense was mentioned on here. That was about January...

However, they keep moving my seats. I move them back when I remember to check. They've changed the return flight from old 330 config to new config back to old and seem to be ok to hold 4+5A fine, but the 787 from Boston over has been switched about around four times and getting bored going in every so often to switch them back to the always free 4+5A again...

VS is becoming a proper shoddy flight experience. I can't imagine the horror if you'd paid for seats in economy too and they did that to you...
#936408 by Sealink
01 Jul 2017, 15:02
I think you will be fine in the end. I've even had 11K and loved it, despite Seat Guru warning me about it.

I find the pre-departure experience with VS to be annoying at times, but my goodness once you're in the bosom of the Clubhouse I love them.
#936410 by Traveller2
01 Jul 2017, 15:46
Very true about BA. I had it happen to me a few weeks ago. I keep a good eye on my seat reservation and when I went into my booking, my seat had been changed (no email or text) because the aircraft had been changed. I selected another seat near to my original one. They have also moved my seat reservation in the past when there was no change of aircraft and my original (paid for) seat was still free? Not sure I understand that one!
#936417 by Smid
01 Jul 2017, 16:56
I've had zero airplane switches on BA so far (I would estimate about 20 odd longhaul legs).

VS has changed the plane, but it didn't the last time. It was a B787 and it's still a B787, so unless they changed it to something different and then back and moved my seats, there hasn't been an aircraft change.

My point being is that they're doing this constantly... And without plane changes.
#936418 by gumshoe
01 Jul 2017, 18:09
Yet I've had it happen on BA but never on VS. Short haul on BA is notorious for it in fact, often because the position of the divider between J & Y isn't set in stone until very close to departure.

I've even had it on EK in F which is supposed to be as near to airline perfection as you can get!

Point is, it happens on all airlines. It's annoying but you just have to suck it up. Or choose another airline until they do it too.
#936434 by Smid
02 Jul 2017, 13:56
gumshoe wrote:Point is, it happens on all airlines. It's annoying but you just have to suck it up. Or choose another airline until they do it too.

Erm, not the point. I repeat. Not airplane switch, VS is buggering about with the seat reservations repeatedly. Quite likely the ongoing consequences of the disasterous IT system change, and something I was hoping would be fixed by now. The plane HAS NOT changed. The seats have. I checked three weeks ago, changed them again (might have been an airplane change then) and wrote down the planes and seats just to make sure I wasn't imagining things. Now I check every so often to switch them back. I realise the apps is now the easiest way to check regularly...

It doesn't happen with all airlines. They don't keep switching the seats around...

It didn't happen with VS when I used them a fair bit pre 2014.

I believe there is an app/website to track such changes if you have an apple phone. The android equivalent is useless, tripcase, it didn't even notice a QR schedule change to be an hour and a half later... No notification of anything at all...
#936441 by hiljil
02 Jul 2017, 14:40
Actually it most certainly does happen with other airlines. I had paid for seats changed FOUR times on a flight with BA and the aircraft was not changed. I kept going back into manage my booking and re-selecting my original seats ... it became a daily ritual . And this was not the only time it happened ...... somewhere in the archives of V-Flyer you can read my ever increasing frustrations with BA.
Virgin Atlantic