This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#936455 by MikeWings
03 Jul 2017, 10:23
Hoping that someone here has experience of this.

I recall that there is a one cabin return upgrade for two people offered when you renew AU with 2000 or more tier points. A few weeks ago I spoke to FC team and they confirmed this and said it would be automatically added to my account once I reached the end of my membership year.

Well my membership year has just come to an end and I renewed with about 2200 tier points. Now I'm being told that actually the vouchers are only offered at the end of my new membership year, i.e. a year in arrears. This doesn't sound right to me but unfortunately I can't find any reference to it on the Virgin website.

Not only would I obviously rather have the vouchers sooner rather than later but with all the changes to flying club it wouldn't surprise me if this perk was quietly removed sometime in the next 12 months (if it hasn't already gone).
#936465 by MikeWings
03 Jul 2017, 14:39
Thanks Penny, I'm pleased that it's still in the T&Cs although I'm surprised it's not shouted about under the list of AU benefits anymore.

I'm still a bit confused:

2.25.11 The 2000 Tier Point Upgrade Reward is issued at the end of the Gold membership year and is valid for 12 months from the date it is awarded.

I think it can be read both ways. I took it to mean that it's awarded when you renew with more than 2000 TPs rather than when you pass 2000 (like the lounge passes which you get mid-year). Or it could be another 12 months when I renew again, perhaps with less than 2000 TPs, that it's awarded.