This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#936478 by Neil
03 Jul 2017, 20:24
Haven't stayed there but been a couple of times for lunch. It's big, nice but ultimately on the wrong side of the Island in my opinion.
#936486 by DragonLady
04 Jul 2017, 00:12
I've stayed there several times both pre and post the dreadful ( IMHO) expansion.
The small old hotel was fantastic and we loved the feeling of staying there. Day visitors to the restsurant were carefully monitored and the whole place exuded calm , peace ,serenity and exclusivity.
We've also stayed since the residences have been completed and hated it.
Whilst the newer accomodation is lovely in terms of space, furnishings etc the resort is now overun with way too many people and just feels like any other big resort ( so definately one for me to avoid). The air conditioning in the residences is also non- existent despite what the hotel says.
We called there for lunch last time we were there and it just reinforced how homogenous it's become.
Unlike Neil I still love the location although the once fantastic beach is ( again IMHO) now ruined by the sheer number of guests .
DL
#936492 by LucyLu
04 Jul 2017, 10:49
To me it now looks like some sort of Disneyland theme park. Having said that, the only time I have been there was for a company Christmas do in 1989, so I am not one to speak from experience.

Personally I don't stay there because it is too far out of the way from anywhere - which may be the draw for others.

It is said that the beach is one of the best, but again, personally, I don't really rate it. Whilst I don't mind a few waves I wouldn't swim there and if I am going to a beach where I can't swim I would prefer to go to Bottom Bay or Foul Bay.

There are some people on the Tripadvisor forum who are regulars at the Crane, so perhaps you might get a more balanced opinion there
#936494 by Traveller2
04 Jul 2017, 12:11
I was going to suggest having a look at the reviews of the Crane on the Barbados Trip Advisor forum page or asking on there about the hotel but Lucy beat me to it.
Virgin Atlantic