This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#936487 by Edinburgh Castle
04 Jul 2017, 03:31
Currently sitting in the shared lounge at PVG; on entry you are now directed to the Virgin Atlantic section with Virgin adverts, banner pull ups and waitress service. There is even the famous salt and pepper pots on the tables. Not the Clubhouse but full credit for the attempt to upscale this wing of the shared lounge. it used to be quite grim here in Shanghai but this is quite pleasant and I presume similar to what now exists in Hong Kong?
#936488 by SlimpyJones
04 Jul 2017, 06:39
That's interesting to know, thanks! I'm transiting through PVG on the way back from NZ in Jan and was expecting the worst but it's nice to know they are making some effort.
#936495 by International Hitman
04 Jul 2017, 12:11
I've been in the new HK clubhouse twice and the old Shanghai lounge numerous times --- it indeed was dire, the Priority Pass lounge was much better [and overlooked the VS gate]
This sounds like a great improvement I'll look forward to it on my next visit, slightly off topic but reward flights to PVG and HKG are increasingly harder to come by, up until six months ago these were easy to find at short notice if your travel was flexible, now have to search months in advance and nowhere near the availability
#938401 by Phil.Durrant
14 Sep 2017, 03:40
It must have been a temporary thing as I'm currently sat in the lounge at Pudong and there is no longer a separate Virgin section. Looks like the OP was in the right place at the right time!