This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#936717 by newbyuk
20 Jul 2017, 13:55
Hi all

am looking to try and renew my gold card on virgin so need to do a decent tier point run from London/Dublin/Paris/Amsterdam etc in AUgust ideally around the bank holiday - does anyone know of any good upper class/delta one fare deals at the moment - I had seen LHR/LAS for £2100 a while back but that is now over £3000 so was seeking if anyone had any ideas - happy to travel to the West Coast of the US via JFK/BOS/MIA etc to maximise TPs on Delta/Virgin ... any advice gratefully received!
#936815 by gumshoe
24 Jul 2017, 12:54
They were offering MAN-BOS for £999 a few months back, don't know if they still are.

The ex-EU ship has pretty much sailed as far as VS are concerned - you'll be lucky to find much below £1500 these days.

Depending on how many TPs you need it's worth pricing up 'I' fares instead of 'Z' - double the TPs for not that much more £££.

And - for now at least - you still earn 75 TPs for each domestic F leg on DL. If you avoid starting & ending at their big hubs and connect through them instead, there are often bargains to be had (e.g. OAK-LAX-SAN).
#936816 by SlimpyJones
24 Jul 2017, 13:07
I replied to your thread on FT with this info:

If you're able to get up to Manchester, VS are running MAN-ATL/JFK-ORD for £1,400 in Upper Class w/ DL first, availability appears to be year-round. (350 TPs)

Another option is DUB-ATL-MCO all on Delta which is currently going for £1,500 or so. (400 TPs).

Make sure to book before 1st Sept before the DL earning rate changes :)
#936820 by Smid
24 Jul 2017, 16:35
gumshoe wrote:The ex-EU ship has pretty much sailed as far as VS are concerned - you'll be lucky to find much below £1500 these days.

Not necessarily, itamatrix was giving £1260 ex-DUB to Vegas last month, and if it wasn't the first time I'd tried to book, and knew for certain that the call centre were perfectly capable of booking it, I'd have got that. Gone the next day, missed out because of an incompetent agent who insisted their booking system couldn't book ex-DUB flights.
#936833 by Smid
25 Jul 2017, 08:34
It's been a while for what I'd called a DECENT one on BA.

VS quietly has one. Then disappears. Then has one. It's sods law that I booked my ultra cheap QR to PSA to AKL (1100 quid) when VS had about 1150-1200 returns to West coast last year.

It has been few and far between, but just search the ita matrix every so often. And they do pop up. Quietly book it, THEN tell someone. If you can find a VS Agent who can.

I did ex-DUBs to Vegas (just under 1K), and two ex DUBS to Hawaii (HNL and Maui) (£1300 and £1150) in 2015 and 2016, all on BA. VS was often quietly matching the west coast fares. Also tended to be high season, so all of mines were at Christmas, Easter and late August.
Virgin Atlantic