This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#936817 by Hev60
24 Jul 2017, 15:18
Hi, first time in 20 years I have decided to book a package holiday :-O However we priced out our very special many birthdays celebration to florida next year and a VH holiday was cheaper than booking independantly ($ rate being the factor).

Cannot seem to get a sensible answer to this question from VH (thats not a good start!)

Our outbound flight is Saturday 23rd June which Virgin Atlantic won't have released for general booking, until this Friday. Does anyone know if I will be able to go into 'Manage my Booking' on Friday and just request the outbound seats. We're travelling PE.

I also have not got the VS 'locator' reference number yet. One Rep says I'll have the reference number on Friday then another one says "no you dont get the locator number until both flights are available to book"

Wonder if anyone here has any experience of seat requests with VH booking? Thanks Hev
#936818 by Lucydog
24 Jul 2017, 16:11
Hi Hev60,
Don't worry to much about grabbing good seats with VH, yes you should be able to get your seat as soon as it's released, I usually do outgoing first then go back in for return later. You should also be able to get the ref number of VH then also. But if not that day within a day or to. I have always got my seats and as yet they have never after all the flights we have done, never been changed. But yes I know there may be a first time.
#936819 by mitchja
24 Jul 2017, 16:26
In my experience, you can see the outbound VS flight booked via VH as soon as that flight becomes available even before the inbound flight is available to sell.

My current VH Fly-Drive booking to MIA showed just the outbound VS5 flight initially and then 6 days later (the number of days I'm away), the homeward bound VS6 flight was added to the booking.

That was a few months ago now, but was after the VS system change over so in theory it should still be the same.

VH booked VS flights show exactly the same as normal direct booked VS flight bookings apart from there's no e-ticket number displayed and you don't see the e-ticket details page.
#936827 by Hev60
24 Jul 2017, 22:48
Thanks, very reassuring info. I will feedback if the seat map does hopefully open up for me on Friday.
#936925 by Hev60
27 Jul 2017, 19:36
Just as James predicted, I could see the outbound flight seat map this morning 331days from take off date.

I logged into the VH 'manage my booking' page and the VS locator reference was there :-)

All seats available, so I've now requested our choice and paid for them. Not used to this but HeyHo big family holiday and I have chosen to upgrade our Orlando hotels instead, so I'm going to have to deal with travelling economy. However front row in upper deck is pretty acceptable ;-)
Virgin Atlantic