This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#936838 by willygee
25 Jul 2017, 13:41
One of the interesting notes from this morning's Virgin Money Group half-year results announcement was that from 2018, Virgin Money would become Virgin Atlantic's retail financial services partner in the UK offering new financial products and abilities to earn flying club miles

https://uk.virginmoney.com/virgin/news- ... the-uk.jsp

While the most obvious would be bringing the VS credit cards into Virgin Money from MBNA, the mention of new financial products brings to mind the partnership that Virgin Australia's Velocity Frequent Flyer has in Australia with Virgin Money Australia, with point earning on credit cards, insurance products and mortgages.

It's good to see flying club earning opportunities with even more Virgin branded companies!
#936839 by mdhayes
25 Jul 2017, 14:17
with the interchange fee going on co-branded amex cards I can't imagine they'll be too generous with the miles, i suspect they will offer fewer miles but more TP earning or direct status earning e.g. spend 15k on a credit card get silver status, which in reality doesn't get you a whole lot but may push people to spend on their card.
#936841 by tontybear
25 Jul 2017, 14:51
I'm starting to wonder when the VS MBNA Amex will end. My card is due to expire in November.

I have no doubt that earning opportunities will end or be reduced or that cards that earn miles will attract a fee.

Status via TPs might be a step too far. In the US there is a maximum number of VS TPs you can earn via CC spend. And DL could put it's foot down too especially as it is trying to reduce the number of its elites by changing mileage earnings, what you can earn miles on and increasing the number needed to earn and retain status.
#936845 by Sealink
25 Jul 2017, 16:04
I don't think status for credit card spend is a good thing, and I say that as someone who was BA Blue / VS Red for years.