This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#937005 by Blitzen
29 Jul 2017, 13:31
Hi,

Waiting for my flight to EWR right now.

Chauffeur service was good and the check in very easy. The Prudential Bike event change my pick up time to 1h earlier than planned but nothing that VS could do about it.

Last few days VINE was on this route but for today it shows the 330 in 1-2-1 configuration .... not happy about flying on the worst configuration ... at least it is UC ;)
#937007 by mitchja
29 Jul 2017, 13:59
The old A333 J config isn't all that bad for a day flight as long as you avoid the middle section of seats. It's really just on over-night flights when in bed mode that that seat fails miserably.

Have a great trip and enjoy New York :)
#937016 by lorelai
29 Jul 2017, 17:45
Interestingly my dad (who is a tall broad fellow) preferred the G seat over the K that I chose for him on the non-refitted config. He tried out both and decided G was more spacious....not sure if he had too many champagnes as that is against everything I had heard beforehand!!! We are going to JFK from MAN in September and hoping for a refitted confit as he has chosen a G seat!!
#937046 by sungod
30 Jul 2017, 19:35
even too many champagnes (if there is such a thing) couldn't persuade me that the shorter middle seat on the old 333 is better than a window one

are you such he wasn't so far gone that he didn't realise he was actually in K? :-D
#937090 by Blitzen
31 Jul 2017, 19:02
Lounge was very nice but the stay too long (damn Prudential event got me here too early)

Soft product very good

Hard product .... monitor had the tendency to pop out (didn't lock secure) / nowhere to put stuff (glasses, headphones,....) / no privacy with the milk glass partitions / saw only one armrest and that was placed too low to make sense

Not worth the price of admission
#937093 by gumshoe
31 Jul 2017, 19:21
That's why, to its credit, VS has listened to the bad feedback and is ripping out all the "Dream Suites" and replacing them. The original UC suites have a solid divider and usable armrests. They also used to have storage space inside the ottoman, don't know if the brand new ones do.
#937098 by Shirley Heights
31 Jul 2017, 20:19
gumshoe wrote:That's why, to its credit, VS has listened to the bad feedback and is ripping out all the "Dream Suites" and replacing them. The original UC suites have a solid divider and usable armrests. They also used to have storage space inside the ottoman, don't know if the brand new ones do.

Correct, the new ottomans are now secured which is a real shame as I don't understand the reasoning behind this.

Apart from the smaller dining table, the ottoman was my only other gripe in what is very improved cabin.
Virgin Atlantic