This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#937320 by taffytorchy
08 Aug 2017, 20:25
Hi all, long time no post but plenty of VS flights under my belt!
I have booked flights next month to ensure renewal of Gold status - hooray!
However I am struggling to find a decent seat in PE on outbound VS15 on 16th September, can anyone help with a load check or advise why there are only 2-3 seat options showing?
thanks
#937357 by Razorback
09 Aug 2017, 11:46
Looking at this is it correct to assume that there are at least 15 PE seats available (W+S+H+K+P = 6+5+4+0+0) or do some fare codes overlap meaning there are actually less seats available?

I am interested because I have a similar issue flying VS110 on 3 December where PE seat availability is already showing all the 2 seat options taken and only 3 seat options available. I am wondering if some seats (other than bulkhead) have blocked for some reason?
#937376 by CHill710
09 Aug 2017, 15:13
I'm on the same flight ;-)
Will be somewhere at the back of the bus ;-(
#937384 by David
09 Aug 2017, 16:33
Razorback wrote:Looking at this is it correct to assume that there are at least 15 PE seats available (W+S+H+K+P = 6+5+4+0+0) or do some fare codes overlap meaning there are actually less seats available?

I am interested because I have a similar issue flying VS110 on 3 December where PE seat availability is already showing all the 2 seat options taken and only 3 seat options available. I am wondering if some seats (other than bulkhead) have blocked for some reason?

No, it means virgin will only sell a max of 6 more seats in upper.

David
#937393 by gumshoe
09 Aug 2017, 18:53
David wrote:No, it means virgin will only sell a max of 6 more seats in upper.

You mean PE.

And you're right to emphasise sell - it doesn't mean there ARE 6 available seats in PE, as all airlines sell more tickets than there are seats on the basis that there'll be no-shows on the day.

The front row of PE is never available to select until a day or two before the flight (and sometimes not even then) - it's reserved for families with infants I think as that's where the bassinets are. If they're not needed you can ask for them at check-in or even at the gate.

In addition Virgin Holidays always used to have an allocation in PE on the LGW leisure routes, which appears blocked out on the seat map. If not required by VH, those seats have traditionally been released into the general pool a few days before departure.
#937397 by tontybear
09 Aug 2017, 20:33
Razorback wrote:Looking at this is it correct to assume that there are at least 15 PE seats available (W+S+H+K+P = 6+5+4+0+0) or do some fare codes overlap meaning there are actually less seats available?

?

The fare codes over lap

Upper = J1 C1 D1 I1 Z0

Premium = W6 S5 H4 K0

Economy = Y9 B9 R9 L9 U9 M0 E0 Q0 X0 V0 N0 O0

In Upper for example C/D/I/Z are all subsets of J. W is the main PE bucket and Y for economy

In Premium it means that of the 6 tickets they are willing to sell 4 are in the H bucket. If they were to sell those then it would go to W2 S1 H0 K0

But the most they are willing to sell are the numbers in the J/W/Y buckets.
#937406 by CHill710
09 Aug 2017, 22:37
taffytorchy wrote:CHill710, I don't know your Flying Club status but as your on the same flight I can sign you into the Clubhouse if you'd like?

Thanks for the offer but flying with my sister and have access to the VRoom. Might be able to say hi onboard though.
Virgin Atlantic