This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#937478 by JamieTB
13 Aug 2017, 20:30
Hi all,

I'm flying LHR-LAX in UC and I recently booked a ticket for my friend on the same flight using my FC miles but can only get him into PE at the minute unless any UC reward availability opens closer to our flight in September.

We have a private airport transfer booked and I was planning to use the DTCI but will my friend be able to use it with me? He's obviously got a different booking ref as I booked the ticket at a later date. Also I'm FC Gold if that makes any difference.

Thanks very much :-D

Jamie.
#937481 by Martin
14 Aug 2017, 00:06
Hi Jamie

I can't answer this definitively, but as long as you have a UC ticket, you can use DTCI. You can also call the gold hotline and ask them to link the two bookings (especially because you booked your friend's ticket). I'd confirm your plan with them when you call.
They should then hopefully print both boarding passes when you arrive at DTCI.

Cheers
Martin
#937489 by Phil.Durrant
14 Aug 2017, 10:02
Hi, i was using DTCI a few months ago and the people at the desk next two me were a group traveling in UC except for 1 colleague who was in PE. They all used the DTCI wing together

Not sure if this was pre-arranged with Virgin, or if they simply checked him in when he arrived at the wing

Also worth pointing out that they were on my flight and the crew allowed their friend in PE to come and sit at the UC bar. I assume this is at the discretion of the crew. I was on the overnight Shanghai flight so the bar was not being used by anyone apart from this group. Probably worth trying to see if your friend can do the same!

Dont forget you can also guest him into the clubhouse
#937515 by JamieTB
15 Aug 2017, 09:00
Thank you! I'll give them a call just to be sure but fingers crossed won't be a problem 8-)
#937517 by SlimpyJones
15 Aug 2017, 09:15
Yeah worth giving them a call :) Last year I was headed to JFK in UC with a friend, her partner was in PE on a separate booking (but same flight), I just had to call the upper support line to let them know he'd be joining us in the drivethru checkin, they had his ticket ready and were happy to process him there.
#937541 by joeyc
15 Aug 2017, 22:41
If you're travelling in UC you have full use of the wing and assuming the PE pax is travelling in the car with you, there is no problem with them joining you whatsoever.

I have done this a lot and only once had an issue - in the preflight call when I was telling the CS agent the car reg: It was a bit of battle to get her to agree that yes other pax are allowed to use the wing if travelling with an UC ticketed passenger in the same car - Enjoy the wing :cool:
#937553 by RedBull
16 Aug 2017, 08:27
joeyc wrote:If you're travelling in UC you have full use of the wing and assuming the PE pax is travelling in the car with you, there is no problem with them joining you whatsoever.

I have done this a lot and only once had an issue - in the preflight call when I was telling the CS agent the car reg: It was a bit of battle to get her to agree that yes other pax are allowed to use the wing if travelling with an UC ticketed passenger in the same car - Enjoy the wing :cool:

+1 - I've done this several times without any issue. Once with just me a 2 X PE travellers.
Virgin Atlantic