This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#937774 by NYC123
24 Aug 2017, 13:43
Cant see any mention on the tesco page though

Terms and Conditions

1. 20% bonus offer valid 1 August - 13 September 2017.
2. You must sign up for Auto Opt In between 1 August - 13 September 2017 to qualify for the 1,000 bonus miles. The bonus miles can only be earned once.
3. Visit http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/terms for a full list of Terms and Conditions.

Cant see any mention of first time customers?
====

Collecting miles can be as easy as buying a pint of milk when you shop with Tesco. Collect Tesco Clubcard points on food, fashion and more. Turn your Clubcard vouchers into Flying Club miles.

This summer, shopping with Tesco becomes even more rewarding, as there’ll be a 20% bonus for turning your Clubcard vouchers into Flying Club miles between 1 August 2017 and 13 September 2017. Even better, if you sign up to Auto Opt In, you’ll receive a bonus 1,000 miles as well as ensuring all your Clubcard vouchers are automatically turned into Flying Club miles.

Turning your Clubcard vouchers into miles is simple, and there are two ways to do it:

OPTION 1 - AUTO OPT IN

If you already have a Clubcard follow these three easy steps:
1. Click on 'My Clubcard Account' in the top navigation bar
2. ‘Select ‘Account Management’ followed by ‘Voucher schemes’
3. Chose Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles and follow the instructions on the page.
You can turn any Clubcard vouchers you already have into Flying Club miles. Once you have opted in, your next quarterly Clubcard statement will automatically turn into Flying Club miles.
OPTION 2 - TURN YOUR CLUBCARD VOUCHERS INTO MILES

You can manually turn your Clubcard vouchers into miles whenever you like, not just when you receive your Clubcard statement:
1. Turn your Clubcard vouchers into Flying Club miles online.
2. Choose the value of Clubcard vouchers you would like to turn and click 'add to basket'. Your miles will then be credited to your Flying Club account within 28 days.

Haven’t got a Clubcard?
Join today, to find out more visit www.tesco.com/clubcard

Turn your Clubcard vouchers into Flying Club miles
#937782 by Shirley Heights
24 Aug 2017, 20:02
@NYC123

Apologies if I am missing the obvious, but are you asking if:

1) This offer/promotion is genuine?
2) Only available to new Tesco Clubcard members?
3) Only available to existing TC members?

I haven't received the email but maybe because I have already 'Auto Opt In' to have have my Tesco Clubcard points converted to VS Flying Club points.

At the time of doing this (last year), I received the 1000 extra bonus points. This was a one off for using auto convert, so you can only do this once.

In the meantime, I have received regular quarterly transferred points from TC to VS. The same as @penny_L, I also received the Summer Bonus on 02/08/17

I hope this helps.
#937792 by Paul
25 Aug 2017, 13:46
I don't understand the timing of this. I had been waiting a bonus for several quarters and I waited a few weeks for one after my last set of Tesco vouchers. In the end I transferred my points to avios (where I get the grandfathered rate). Were VS trying to do an offer that few could take up (because they had already converted) or are they just disorganised...?
#937795 by Shirley Heights
25 Aug 2017, 15:45
Paul wrote:I don't understand the timing of this. I had been waiting a bonus for several quarters and I waited a few weeks for one after my last set of Tesco vouchers. In the end I transferred my points to avios (where I get the grandfathered rate). Were VS trying to do an offer that few could take up (because they had already converted) or are they just disorganised...?

If I am reading the situation correctly, the offer/promotion is available to all Tesco Clubcard members and VS Flying Club members.However, there are 2 differences:

1) The 1000 points bonus is only available if you have never opted in to have all your TC points automatically converted to VS FC miles/points.

2) The 20% bonus is available to those who have already auto- converted AND to those who have a stack of TC vouchers but prefer to choose where, when and how they spend their vouchers. However, for the latter, the bonus is only for the dates specified to transfer.

I don't believe VS were doing anything underhand or are disorganised (in this respect...!) I see it very much like when VS has a sale - we are not given any advance notice so it's very annoying if one has a booked a flight a few days beforehand.

I think you were just very unfortunate to transfer to Avios before being aware of the TC/VS summer bonus.
#939389 by NYC123
01 Nov 2017, 16:50
Just received another email:

Collecting miles can be as easy as buying a pint of milk. And before you know it, your weekly shop has turned into the holiday of a lifetime. When you shop with Tesco and use your Clubcard, every point you collect can be turned into Flying Club miles. You can collect Clubcard points on almost anything you buy in-store, at tesco.com, Tesco direct and even Tesco Fuel.

This summer, shopping with Tesco is even more rewarding, as you can enjoy a 20% bonus for turning your Clubcard vouchers into Flying Club miles between 1 November 2017 and 13 December 2017. Even better, if you sign up to Auto Opt In, you'll receive a bonus 1,000 miles as well as ensuring all your Clubcard points are automatically turned into Flying Club miles.
Virgin Atlantic