This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#937826 by markyl
26 Aug 2017, 11:55
Doing a short trip to Orlando in November using miles on VS which means our return is via MIA

For our return, we have booked
America MCO – MIA 7.25pm – 8.34pm
Then VS6 MIA to LHR 11.40pm – 11pm

Received the dreaded email from VS this morning the VS6 is now leaving earlier at 9.45pm (Still being operated by VS)
Allowing only about 1hr 10min to make the connection

Not being familiar with MIA is it possible to get off the AA flight at 8.34pm and get to the VS6 by 9.45pm – we will be traveling with hand luggage only

I am loathed to change to an earlier AA flight as VS may change the flight again going on previous experience

Thoughts welcome
#937833 by moodyblue
26 Aug 2017, 17:06
We are booked to return from MIA in May 2018 and at the new flight time for you. I would therefore guess that is the permanent time for the flight. Don't know what terminal you'll be arriving at but MiA can be a beast of a place! If it were me I would feel uncomfortable with so little time between flights let alone not allowing for any delays.
Good luck!
#937839 by gumshoe
26 Aug 2017, 19:54
Most AA flights arrive at the D concourse, which is vast (a mile long, in fact - so long it has its own shuttle train with 4 stations).

VS departs from the F concourse. There is no airside connection between D and F so you'll have to reclear security.

It's doable, particularly if you've got TSA Pre, but probably too tight for comfort.