This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#937876 by nkp85uk
29 Aug 2017, 18:00
Afternoon all!

Looking to gather advice from anybody who may have experience of transiting Domestic to International at New delhi on jet Airways/ VS.

We are flying into DEL with VS and touring around the golden-triangle ish area for a while before catching a flight with Jet airways down to Kerala for a relaxing time on the beach. Coming home again on Jet Airways into DEL before catching the onward flight home to LHR. VS legs are Reward flights so naturally on separate tickets to the Domestic legs on 9W.

Scheduled arrival of domestic leg into DEL is 10:15am with the VS301 scheduled for 14:00 - this seems like plenty of time considering the domestic arrival. Does anybody have any tips on making sure the transfer goes smoothly for us? Knowing nothing of the layout of Delhi airport I assume we will need to pick up bags and pass through the arrivals area then find the international departures area, the VS check-in desks and start from there.

Any tips on this, or our trip in general would be great! Thanks everyone!

Nick
#937879 by JCBR
29 Aug 2017, 18:16
You must have a print out of all your tickets (mobile works but paper is better) otherwise you will not even be allowed into any of the airport terminals. That applies to Jet as well.
Transiting should be simple but, like most things in India, but is made into quite a meal. Don't be surprised if your documents are checked every 50 yards even if you are still in the same queue.
I think you are right to allow several hours for all the rigmarole especially as domestic flights are not known for their punctuality.
I think you will find the service on Jet to be very professional but don't expect much by way of in flight catering.
#937933 by lovetoholiday
31 Aug 2017, 13:16
Hi there

Flew Jet from LHR, followed by domestic to Amritsar a couple of years ago. Agree that there is a lot of checking that happens for no apparent reason at the various airport in India. And yes, make sure you have everything printed.

We were very impressed with the service from Jet and all the catering on our flights. We were given a savoury wrap and bottle of water on the internal Amritsar flight.

Have a great trip !
L2H
#937942 by pjh
31 Aug 2017, 18:22
I have successfully managed to banish from my mind the experience of my JET flights to and from Mumbai in Economy. I have a vague memory of a bad back and the worst wine I have ever tasted.

As to the vagaries of navigating airports in India, a lot of things will go "beep" and be ignored and, unlike the UK, you will need to keep hold of your boarding pass as you pass through security when on an outbound flight as it will be stamped by the officer on the far side of the detector.
Virgin Atlantic