This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#938027 by LhrFlyer023
04 Sep 2017, 10:00
Hi all,

new here. do a fair bit of travel still with BA and finding myself going through T3 next week on a BA flight. Currently hold VS Gold and wondered if anyone has tried getting into the Virgin lounge when flying another airline from 3?

Cheers.
LHRFlyer
#938030 by Phil.Durrant
04 Sep 2017, 11:11
hi, i have done this a few times in recent months at both Gatwick & Heathrow clubhouses

just need to show your gold card and they register you as a guest . Usual rules apply so you can take one other person in with you.
#938047 by LhrFlyer023
04 Sep 2017, 14:20
Oh! Thought I was going to get told its a silly question :-D

Will certainly give it a try, worst comes to worst I have to sit and wait in the CX lounge!
#938048 by LhrFlyer023
04 Sep 2017, 14:22
oh! Thats good news thanks.

Has anyone else had success? I suppose worst comes to worst then I have to head over to CX lounge!
#938051 by Shirley Heights
04 Sep 2017, 16:31
Phil.Durrant wrote:hi, i have done this a few times in recent months at both Gatwick & Heathrow clubhouses

just need to show your gold card and they register you as a guest . Usual rules apply so you can take one other person in with you.


Has this always been the case, or something new?

I always assumed that Clubhouse access was only available for same day travel on a VS flight, and more recently, Delta.
#938052 by JCBR
04 Sep 2017, 16:51
If correct that is great news. I seldom fly BA but last week went from T3 and their lounge there was awful. I would rather have stayed in the terminal.
Didn't think I could access CH as usually airlines need you to be on theirs or their partners aircraft.
You are right to try CX if VS doesn't work out - I will do that next time.
#938053 by Phil.Durrant
04 Sep 2017, 16:55
Shirley Heights wrote:
Phil.Durrant wrote:hi, i have done this a few times in recent months at both Gatwick & Heathrow clubhouses

just need to show your gold card and they register you as a guest . Usual rules apply so you can take one other person in with you.


Has this always been the case, or something new?

I always assumed that Clubhouse access was only available for same day travel on a VS flight, and more recently, Delta.


I did it when flying BA to Poland 3 weeks ago from T3, and did it in March flying Easyjet to Geneva from Gatwick. I only found out about it as when i first got my gold a year or so ago, i asked at the Clubhouse if i was able to bring in a guest when taking future flights in a lower class. The lady informed me "Yes" at which her colleague chipped in with "different class or even a different airline". I then queried if this was the same at Gatwick and they even phoned the Gatwick clubhouse to check for me! On both occasions i have done it, there has not been any issues, just need to show my gold card. As with paid entry its subject to availability but its not been a problem for me.
#938057 by Shirley Heights
04 Sep 2017, 17:13
Phil.Durrant wrote:
Shirley Heights wrote:
Phil.Durrant wrote:hi, i have done this a few times in recent months at both Gatwick & Heathrow clubhouses

just need to show your gold card and they register you as a guest . Usual rules apply so you can take one other person in with you.


Has this always been the case, or something new?

I always assumed that Clubhouse access was only available for same day travel on a VS flight, and more recently, Delta.


I did it when flying BA to Poland 3 weeks ago from T3, and did it in March flying Easyjet to Geneva from Gatwick. I only found out about it as when i first got my gold a year or so ago, i asked at the Clubhouse if i was able to bring in a guest when taking future flights in a lower class. The lady informed me "Yes" at which her colleague chipped in with "different class or even a different airline". I then queried if this was the same at Gatwick and they even phoned the Gatwick clubhouse to check for me! On both occasions i have done it, there has not been any issues, just need to show my gold card. As with paid entry its subject to availability but its not been a problem for me.


Thanks for coming back to explain further.

Had it only happened once, I would say you were very lucky. But twice...WOW!

Will be interesting to hear if others' have also been so fortunate.
#938058 by jayden
04 Sep 2017, 17:20
Phil.Durrant wrote:
Shirley Heights wrote:
Phil.Durrant wrote:hi, i have done this a few times in recent months at both Gatwick & Heathrow clubhouses

just need to show your gold card and they register you as a guest . Usual rules apply so you can take one other person in with you.


Has this always been the case, or something new?

I always assumed that Clubhouse access was only available for same day travel on a VS flight, and more recently, Delta.


I did it when flying BA to Poland 3 weeks ago from T3, and did it in March flying Easyjet to Geneva from Gatwick. I only found out about it as when i first got my gold a year or so ago, i asked at the Clubhouse if i was able to bring in a guest when taking future flights in a lower class. The lady informed me "Yes" at which her colleague chipped in with "different class or even a different airline". I then queried if this was the same at Gatwick and they even phoned the Gatwick clubhouse to check for me! On both occasions i have done it, there has not been any issues, just need to show my gold card. As with paid entry its subject to availability but its not been a problem for me.



Im going through 3 on Monday, albeit BA so will give this a try. The CX lounge is lovely, have never thought of trying the VS CH in fear of rejection :-D Wouldnt be nice to have to walk up the stairs, peep through and then to walk back down!
#938061 by Shirley Heights
04 Sep 2017, 17:36
I am not doubting Phil.Durrant, I am just very surprised that I have never noticed this (unless I missed it) in the Gold Flying Club member T&Cs.

I remember how busy the T3 Clubhouse became when eligible Delta flyers were allowed access, so I am still very surprised that non-VS/DL travellers are also permitted.

If such access was a 'secret' - this has blown it now.
#938148 by joeyc
07 Sep 2017, 01:32
At the base of it, it is at Clubhouse discretion and definitely not a published or openly allowed perk.

Absolutely, let's hide this topic away from Crawley Towers.... Mods, don't just sit there sweating like a cheese, do something :-P
#938184 by simonpeart
07 Sep 2017, 20:36
I and four others are travelling Prem Econ from LHR T3 to MIA in Nov.

We are only Flying Club Red but would like to have some time in a lounge before the flight.

Can anyone recommend one of the T3 lounges that would suit us?

Thanks Simon
#938190 by gumshoe
07 Sep 2017, 21:38
First, try the VS Clubhouse. They sometimes allow PE passengers to buy entry on the day for about £65. No guarantee though - it is not a published benefit and is purely down to staff discretion.

Failing that, the No.1 or Aspire lounges are much of a muchness. Both will happily take your money on the day or you can prebook online - No.1 is usually available with a discount and bonus FC miles via the VS website.
#938201 by pjh
08 Sep 2017, 08:09
gumshoe wrote:
Failing that, the No.1 or Aspire lounges are much of a muchness. Both will happily take your money on the day or you can prebook online - No.1 is usually available with a discount and bonus FC miles via the VS website.


If you want to be certain, pre-book. If busy they will turn away walk ups and lounge access cardholders (such as Priorty Pass).
#938211 by LucyLu
08 Sep 2017, 11:17
You can get No1 lounge for £25 i you go through FC. I am in there next saturday on my way to SFO down the back of the bus (work trip)
#938239 by RedwoodA320
09 Sep 2017, 04:36
Yes, I've done this at the LHR T3 clubhouse while flying Vueling - on two occasions. Once I was told "I was the last person that could be accommodated" so I do believe there is some sort of capacity control.

Also done this at SFO several times and JFK many times - although often flying Delta internal flights. I've tried twice at LAX and been given a stern no (as if the idea was completely farfetched), so there is some inconsistency between CHs.

Agree with above posters - this thread should be deleted.
#938304 by jayden
11 Sep 2017, 10:28
Currently sitting in the CH with a nice glass of bubbles. Was told coming in wasn't a problem, they just wrote my flight no on a piece of paper.

Good morning all!
Virgin Atlantic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

Itinerary Calendar