This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#938032 by SlimpyJones
04 Sep 2017, 11:43
Morning everybody.

Just got in from DL403 in Delta One. Flight itself was very good but unfortunately my connection in JFK from Mexico was horrendous and has left me without my luggage.

Trying to shake off the trauma though, ran into a familiar staff member and we've caught up so the service has definitely made up for it!

Full English has just arrived :)
#938035 by hiljil
04 Sep 2017, 12:05
Oh dear. Not a good ending to the flight.

Hope your luggage soon finds you !
#938064 by McCoy
04 Sep 2017, 18:37
I do like Revivals..

It's been a year and a half since my last visit.. I was thinking of buying some Cowshed shower gel and shampoo to create that smell-induced-memory..!
#938149 by joeyc
07 Sep 2017, 01:38
I love revivals and I'm so glad to hear they made you feel specially welcome after losing your luggage. Has it turned up now? I was in a similar position myself a year or so back and the ladies on the desk were amazing at tracking down my bags and informing of the circuit they seemed to be doing between the west and east coast US.. only took two days for them to come home thankfully.

As to the familiar face; were they table staff, reception staff or have you managed to get to know the lovely ladies that iron our suits?
#938161 by SlimpyJones
07 Sep 2017, 08:56
Hey joey, yes the luggage arrived the following evening! Thankfully it was expedited on Monday evening's DL401 and then sent to my address :) pretty good service indeed. Although I did have a moan at Delta for putting me in that position in the first place (more details in upcoming TRs), though credit to them they recovered quickly.

The familiar face was a chap who served my Dad and I in the Clubhouse back in May. He had recently joined VS from Emirates cabin crew and was working in the Arrivals lounge as his airside pass had expired and was awaiting a new one. It took him a moment to recognise me but when he did he was delighted and remembered me and my Dad. It was just a really nice encounter and a good way to recover from the previous evening's trauma! Needless to say I got some very attentive service haha :)

(I wish I was important enough to own a suit :-P)
Virgin Atlantic