This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#938098 by sjcraythorne
05 Sep 2017, 17:01
Is the only 'benefit' getting x2 the miles when booking with Black credit card (over the phone)? I'm sure I read somewhere you got a discount also?

I live in NI, so would be great to connect through Dublin and save a pound or two in tax - is this possible with VH?

Thanks, Stevey
#938106 by SlimpyJones
05 Sep 2017, 19:19
Yes, you get a discount based on your level of flying club membership and miles based on how much you spend.

Red: 7% discount and 1 mile per £1
Silver: 7% discount and 2 miles per £1
Gold: 10% discount and 2 miles per £1

The discount is applied online when you enter your passenger details and flying club number :)

Details here: http://www.virginatlantic.com/gb/en/fly ... idays.html

Paying with the black card will get you 4 miles per £1 on top of what you'd earn above.

As for connecting in Dublin, haven't a clue I'm afraid! The website doesn't seem to include Belfast as a starting point (which is odd given the seasonal BFS-Orlando service). Might be worth calling them regarding that or visiting a branch.
#938107 by tontybear
05 Sep 2017, 19:40
sjcraythorne wrote:I live in NI, so would be great to connect through Dublin and save a pound or two in tax - is this possible with VH?

Thanks, Stevey

If you mean APD then you need to startyour trip in DUB not connect from a flight via Belfast.

You cannot book a series of flights Belfast-DUB-XXX because you'd still pay APD.
#938114 by honey lamb
05 Sep 2017, 22:30
tontybear wrote:You cannot book a series of flights Belfast-DUB-XXX because you'd still pay APD.

You cannot book a series of flights Belfast-DUB period! The route does not exist!
Virgin Atlantic