This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#938286 by woralla
10 Sep 2017, 16:53
New menu on today's VS141 to LA. It is also on VS5, VS117, VS23, VS19, VS41, VS103, VS115 and VS105. The crab cake starter is proving very popular and 'sold out' - it's a starter size portion of the crab cakes that were on the menu as a main course last summer.

Starters
- Tomato and mozzarella carpaccio
- Louisiana crab cake
- Carrot and fennel soup

Mains
- Roast chicken with a creamy wild mushroom risotto and sun blushed tomatoes
- Fillet steak in a caramelised garlic sauce, served with delicious warming dauphinois potatoes, top with pea shoots
- Paneer tawa masala served with aubergine bharat, pea pilau finished with red chilli and coriander
- Seared salmon fillet with herby crushed potatoes, with olives and chervil cream sauce

Pudding
- Apple bread and butter pudding
- Salted caramel verrine

Cheese
- Orkney White Cheddar
- West Country Brie
- Brighton Blue

Extra bites
- Sandwiches
- Carrot cake
- Sultana scones
- Sushi
- Classic gourmet beef burger
- Roasted butternut and goats cheese salad

White Wines
- 2016 Raphael Midoir, Sauvignon de Touraine, Loire Valley, France
- 2017 Gun Metal Riesling, Hewitson, Eden Valley, Australia
- 2016 Pulenta Estate Chardonnay, Mendoza, Argentina

Red Wines
- 2016 Cotes du Rhine, "Le Temps set Venu", Stephane Ogier, France
- 2012 Noto Nero d'Avola, Planeta, Noto Sicily, Italy
- 2016 Churton Pinot Noir, Marlborough, New Zealand
#938294 by Francis007
10 Sep 2017, 19:31
Thankyou Slimpy. I agree about the need for a smaller " extra bites " menu on a 7 and a half hour flight !

By the time we have our usual Eggs Benedict in the Clubhouse, followed by an ice cream for me and a fruit salad for my Missus.......then lunch on the flight.....followed by the cheese course.......I will be stuffed by the time we land at Logan !

After settling into our hotel, we will stroll over to Maceys so my Missus can buy a years supply of Clinique make up at Maceys ( it's half the UK price ! ) After 47 years of wedded bliss, I could say that she needs quite alot now....but I won't because that would be rude ! :cool: Then it's a gentle walk around Boston Common to watch the locals walking their pooches followed by a Sam Adams light and a burger at the little Irish Bar opposite our hotel. It's become something of a tradition for us over the years.
#938348 by Bretty
12 Sep 2017, 17:05
Very helpful thanks, I'll be on VS105 in a week's time. Does anyone have the menu for the return by any chance, including VS106?

Thanks
#938691 by TimCrawley
27 Sep 2017, 03:40
New menu on today's VS141 to LA. It is also on VS5, VS117, VS23, VS19, VS41, VS103, VS115 and VS105. The crab cake starter is proving very popular and 'sold out' - it's a starter size portion of the crab cakes that were on the menu as a main course last summer.

Same menu yesterday on the VS65 - the crab cakes were very popular with almost everyone wanting to try them but, with it being a 747, only 4 portions loaded so most (including me) were disappointed.

Looks like this menu applies to VS15, 27, 49, 29, 57, 31, 87, 89, 97, 33,83, 43, 951, 63, 65, 71, 73, 75, 77, 85, 93, 109, 119, 121, 125, 127, 161 and 163 as well (if my eyesight can be trusted on the small print on the menu!)

I had the tomato and mozzarella starter (fairly tasteless) and the salmon main course (salmon was very nice but, again, the salad was fairly tasteless with negligible orange or feta involved).
Virgin Atlantic