This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#938461 by mitchja
16 Sep 2017, 08:33
On my way to Chicago via Atlanta.

Was directed to the smaller Escape lounge where it’s nice and peaceful in here this morning.

My A333 switched to a 1-2-1 config earlier this week, though it kept my 7K seat.

This is also my first time connecting via a US Airport as well. I have a 2hrs 50mins connection in Atlanta so all should be good (I have Global Entry anyway).

Coming home on Wednesday via JFK (picked that over ATL simply for the Clubhouse)

Priority Security was pretty chaos with most bags gettting pulled for secondary screening, I’m guessing due to the increased UK threat level. Mine went straight though :)

Looks like it’s going to be a remote stand as gate 300 was mentioned at check-in.

With this being a part-DL booking, I like the fact that the DL app tracks your checked bag (hopefully this facility will be added to the VS app at some point):

76A7280E-537D-41E7-8F19-165CF5283311.jpeg
76A7280E-537D-41E7-8F19-165CF5283311.jpeg (191.56 KiB) Viewed 2665 times

For info as well, if you have a DL flight as part of your VS booking, the VS PNR will find your booking via the DL website/app (it will also display the seperate DL PNR).
#938462 by pjh
16 Sep 2017, 09:17
Hope the flights are good. Thanks for the tip about the Delta website and app as we're on Delta metal for our new year's trip to New York.
#938464 by SlimpyJones
16 Sep 2017, 11:15
Safe travels and enjoy Chicago!

Agreed about the bag tracking, it's a great feature, hopefully it'll find it's way onto the Virgin app soon.

2h 50m should be plenty of time for your ATL connection :)
#938466 by mitchja
16 Sep 2017, 21:03
Currently sat in the Delta Sky Club in concourse B at ATL. Staff are extremely helpful and cheerful :)

VS flight was good (though they didn’t have my first choice of meal, apparently the Salmon is proving to be very popular, no big deal though). Full TR to follow.

Connecting at ATL was very easy. The only point at which it got slightly confusing was with me having TSA Pre and for that, you are directed out into the main arrivals area (after dropping your bag) and then you have to head up to use the main International terminal security lanes upstairs which has TSA-Pre lanes.

Once through you then just head back down to the Plane Train to get to your departure concourse (which is B for my DL flight to ORD).

Also happy to report for those that use them, ATL is one of the few remaining US airports that still has airside smoking lounges.
#938473 by horburyflyer
17 Sep 2017, 12:53
Have a great time in Chicago James.

When I was passing through MAN last week I was told that most of the VS A330 arrivals are onto remotes and some departures (due to the airport works underway which have removed a number of air-bridge stands from use)

My last few ATL flights have all been from a remote and have arrived onto a remote too. Mind you I came back on the VS74 last week and it was also a remote with 459 pax on board which was interesting to see the number of buses needed for everyone!

Jon
Virgin Atlantic