This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#938723 by gilly
28 Sep 2017, 08:39
Unfortunately we have to cancel our holiday next Spring and so our UC reward flights to HKG. I understand we will get the miles and fees refunded, minus the admin fee, but is it best to cancel by telephone or is doing it on the site safe enough to ensure we get both the miles and fees refunded?
#938732 by oldboy
28 Sep 2017, 16:51
Hi Gill

I have always made cancellations or amendments by phone without problem, I think I would be a little nervouse of doing on line.

Best regards
#938737 by Silver Fox
28 Sep 2017, 18:38
I would definitely do it over the phone. When I have had to do it I was hovering over the "cancel" button but could not bring myself to and just called them. It was handled extremely swiftly and you have a log of it too.
#938739 by Airveiss
28 Sep 2017, 20:11
From the US it must be done by telephone. If you hit the cancel button it will give you instructions to call. I have always received an immediate credit of miles but the past two times I did not receive the taxes/surcharge refund until 6 weeks later after a second phone call. Keep your locator number until you receive both miles and fees.