This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#938738 by SlimpyJones
28 Sep 2017, 18:50
Last service of the season operates tomorrow, and MAN-BOS has it's last round trip on Saturday. Will be sad to see them go but I'm glad they'll be returning next year.

Looks like it's the same frequencies and days starting 25th May. SFO has gone down well from what I have seen but I'm not too clued into how BOS has performed. Keeping my fingers crossed they'll be kept into the winter but I suppose it's baby steps...

On a side note, seeing decent fares in Y for MAN-SFO, £389 on some of the earlier dates.
#938740 by horburyflyer
28 Sep 2017, 20:15
SlimpyJones wrote:Last service of the season operates tomorrow, and MAN-BOS has it's last round trip on Saturday. Will be sad to see them go but I'm glad they'll be returning next year.

Looks like it's the same frequencies and days starting 25th May. SFO has gone down well from what I have seen but I'm not too clued into how BOS has performed. Keeping my fingers crossed they'll be kept into the winter but I suppose it's baby steps...

On a side note, seeing decent fares in Y for MAN-SFO, £389 on some of the earlier dates.

I'm flying out of MAN tomorrow on VS (sadly not to SFO!) and it will be sad to see SFO and BOS routes end for the winter. SFO has outperformed expectations for sure. a success story for VS out of MAN along with JFK and ATL. Surprised it hasn't come back with a couple more sectors each week for next year (maybe replacing BOS) before going year-round but we shall see for 2019. I'm surprised BOS is returning which has struggled but maybe VS are going to give it another year to see if they can grow the route.
#938741 by spacedog
28 Sep 2017, 22:08
We love the MAN-SFO route and have flown it several times this year. Looking forward to it returning!
#938747 by horburyflyer
29 Sep 2017, 09:17
Actually checking in for the VS109 this morning we were chatting about the SFO and BOS routes. SFO has done very well for VS out of MAN as suspected and actually BOS has grown well over the last few months from a starting point of around 90 on each flight for the first few weeks, it actually grew into a good connection point for MCO traffic...just like ATL.

Most flights to BOS were carrying good loads of MCO passengers too....80+ in some cases by all accounts. As it goes 82 on the VS109 are also transferring to MCO today so as we know a huge market!

Thrilled for MAN and VS and here's to 2019 when things should really take off after a serious chunk of the re-development work is complete (on the current schedule) and maybe just maybe our very own Clubhouse which has been mentioned more than once already this morning...

Jon
#938749 by SlimpyJones
29 Sep 2017, 09:23
Very good to know indeed Jon - today's last VS125 of the season has only 3 available seats in UC, 4 in Premium. So clearly an excellent performer to the very end. VS127 to JFK is sold out in Economy today and around 50% in W and J, though the return flight tonight is sold out in W and nearly so in J. Just goes to show the potential I think.

I'm very glad to hear about Boston as well :) I really would like to try a route out of MAN soon just to say that I've done it. Living in Huntingdon though makes that tricky, haha.

A Clubhouse surely has to be part of the plans once development work permits. It's not every day you get a major UK airport having a blank slate and if VS are to be a major player then there has to be something special for the premium travellers (of which there are clearly a lot) and whilst the Escape lounge is pleasant enough they need to pull the stops out. I can't see them passing up such an opportunity!
Virgin Atlantic