This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#938743 by horburyflyer
29 Sep 2017, 09:00
Morning everyone!

A very good morning from the Escape Lounge 2 here in T2. For those unfamiliar this is lounge on the left as you come up the stairs from the concourse area (the main Escape lounge you turn right)

A cute space which is very busy this morning with pax from the VS109 & VS125 exclusively. We have a grounded VS CC member here too helping with enquiries and she is a gem. Unlike the main escape lounge, this lounge is completely self service for drinks and food. The breakfast spread (all buffet style) includes sausage, beans, bacon and scrambled egg, pancakes, toast, smoked salmon, cheeses, continental meats and warm pastries. Actually quite nice.

A family of four also on the VS109 are taking advantage of the included prosseco. So a good start to a Friday despite the heavy rain outside and a complicated journey on the train from West Yorkshire (due to signalling issues) but as always a lovely welcome at check in.

Security was a mess..well in the priority lane anyway!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Jon
Last edited by horburyflyer on 30 Sep 2017, 12:17, edited 1 time in total.
#938752 by marshy11
29 Sep 2017, 10:37
Sounds like a great end to your morning. Safe onward travels.
#938785 by horburyflyer
30 Sep 2017, 02:27
SlimpyJones wrote:And you're off!

Safe travels. :)

Thank you. A really good flight. 29 in UC in the end and a really attentive crew. FSM was ok. Nothing spectacular and after the warm welcome didn't see him again until I said cheerio leaving through L2 at ATL. We even had a marriage proposal at the UC bar!

Arrived just behind the VS103 but immigration was super quick even though I had a very chatty immigration officer who was keen to ask me some questions about the UK, even so I didn't make my connection as Delta had rebooked me on the next flight 1hr later just in case and it did mean I didn't have to dash from F to B. Think I might just have done it but it allowed me to chill a little in the Sky Club in concourse B.

Jon
#938786 by buns
30 Sep 2017, 06:34
horburyflyer wrote:
We even had a marriage proposal at the UC bar!

Jon

:-O Wow! I hope it was a planned proposal and went the way it should

Could have been a cool flight otherwise :-D

ATL does seem a good place to get through US Immigration and Customs

buns
#938798 by horburyflyer
30 Sep 2017, 12:16
buns wrote:
horburyflyer wrote:
We even had a marriage proposal at the UC bar!

Jon

:-O Wow! I hope it was a planned proposal and went the way it should

Could have been a cool flight otherwise :-D

ATL does seem a good place to get through US Immigration and Customs

buns

She said yes and a lovely couple too. The champagne was flowing!
Virgin Atlantic