This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#938751 by oceanscape
29 Sep 2017, 10:23
I just redeemed a companion reward. I know the companion ticket won't get miles or tier points but will I receive miles and tier points on the full fare 'I' class ticket I paid for?

Thanks!
#938760 by oceanscape
29 Sep 2017, 13:03
Thanks @SlimpyJones

@biccy - I had two on my account; one from renewing Gold and one from the Black Virgin Amex. The staff member told me they were both exactly the same so he just used the one that expired first. I know people complain about the companion rewards being useless but the G ticket would have been 155k miles and in total I saved over £2k over buying two Z tickets.
#938765 by biccy
29 Sep 2017, 14:12
oceanscape wrote:Thanks @SlimpyJones

@biccy - I had two on my account; one from renewing Gold and one from the Black Virgin Amex. The staff member told me they were both exactly the same so he just used the one that expired first. I know people complain about the companion rewards being useless but the G ticket would have been 155k miles and in total I saved over £2k over buying two Z tickets.

Thanks for the info. I guess the million dollar question, only answerable at time of booking, is what is better - paying for UC x 1 and using the companion voucher, or paying for PE or Econ x 2 and upgrade using miles. Wish they'd allow miles upgrades to voucher upgraded flights, or 2-4-1 on miles purchased UC flights.
Virgin Atlantic