This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#938792 by Francis007
30 Sep 2017, 08:38
Excuse this post if you think it is silly. However, not being a frequent flyer like many here on this forum, I'm intrigued by something that has happened on our impending flight to Boston ( VS11) on Tuesday 10th.October.

My missus and I fly twice a year to either Boston or Washington in UC on holiday so we are not experienced VS flyers. However, I was just casually browsing my booking on the VS website this morning and according to the seat plan, every seat has suddenly been taken in all 3 cabins.

Only a week ago when I last looked, the UC cabin had just 20 passengers.

Whatever the number is in UC, I know it won't affect us at all but I am just interested in the possible reasons for the sudden change in the passenger manifest ?
#938800 by CommanderB
30 Sep 2017, 13:56
The seat map is not an accurate representation of seats booked.

It *could* mean that all the seats are assigned. It can also be a sign of VS doing an equipment change.

I wouldn't read too much into it. Expert flyer still shows tickets for sale in a number of classes.
#938837 by Francis007
02 Oct 2017, 16:33
Hi Edinburgh Castle

I too noticed that later on in the day, normality had returned and the seat map shows vacant places.

It's a wierd thing isn't it, that even if the UC cabin is full,it really wouldn't affect how much we enjoyed the flight.

I think the Boston route has become much more popular in the last 5 years or so. Not so much with Business guys or gals but much more as a holiday destination now. Either the city itself has become a place to visit or as a starting place to tour New England. Especially in the Autumn and it seems to appeal to the Oldies...like us !

However, on a couple of flights in the past 10 years, we have experienced a VS flight to Boston and/or Washington DC in October / November with only about 12 other passengers. And somehow....and I'm not sure why !......it makes the flight more fun to be in an almost empty cabin

May I just add that you name made me smile. In the 1950's / 60's I lived with my parents near the port of Southampton. And my Dad often used to take me to the little town of Hythe which was across the water from the docks and we would watch the beautiful Union Castle Liners steam out each week heading for South Africa. I think they took 4 weeks to get there. They were handsome ships with a grey hull, a white superstructure and a distinctive red and white single funnel. They took the Royal Mail and one of them.....and a particular favourite of mine....was the Edinburgh Castle !

Just thought I would say. I hope you don't mind
#938843 by stuart_f
03 Oct 2017, 01:56
Current load check: J3 C3 D3 I3 Z1 W1 S0 H0 K0 Y9 B9 R9 L9 U9 M9 E9 Q9 X9 N9 O0

PE looks pretty full (only 1 ticket for sale and only the airport assigned bulkhead seats left) but there's space in UC and plenty in Economy.

Virgin Atlantic