This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#938807 by marshy11
01 Oct 2017, 08:01
No we can't log in on Safari, the log in screen just refreshes with my details on but won't let me in.
#938808 by David
01 Oct 2017, 08:03
marshy11 wrote:No we can't log in on Safari, the log in screen just refreshes with my details on but won't let me in.

Thanks Marshy, guess it will stop me spending money on more sonos :-D

David
#938809 by marshy11
01 Oct 2017, 08:14
I want to find out where my points have come from, I think it must be Waitrose again as I haven't done any online shopping via Shops Away for a year or so. Yet I've got a few thousand that have appeared.
#938825 by sungod
02 Oct 2017, 07:25
i had the repeated login page, but after 3-4 tries (in quick succession) was logged in ok, this was using chrome
#938878 by HokeyPokey
04 Oct 2017, 20:42
marshy11 wrote:I want to find out where my points have come from, I think it must be Waitrose again as I haven't done any online shopping via Shops Away for a year or so. Yet I've got a few thousand that have appeared.

Well, same here - 7k points suddenly appeared today in FC as 5 shops away transactions dated a few days ago but they were not there yesterday. The size of the amounts immediately made me think hotels.com... Looking back over my shops away transactions there seems to have been some hotels.com "adjustments" all dated on the same date in February - 5 x points posting, and 5 x declined/removed (presumably that's what "x" as opposed to a red dot means) for roughly double the amount . The transactions shown as posted (red dot) are what has transferred to flying club. No sign of the "declined" ones...whatevs - if my FC balance ends up less than it was yesterday though I will be pursuing it.

A few weeks/months ago someone on here said they'd lost some miles (balance gone south) and found it was a 2 yr old hotels.com transaction that had been docked/reduced for some reason - at that time I checked mine and found that I had a similar "cancelled" transaction from about the same time ago but at length I proved to myself that this in fact related to a hotels booking that I cancelled months later under their free cancellation so fair cop...

...but this time I don't really understand what they are doing or why, or indeed if it is a man or machine fiddling with my account...

I tend to book reward flights for months in advance and then fill in the accommodation later usually when hotels.com is on bonus miles. Often >1 booking on one day or consecutive days as you book each stay in separate transactions. To be honest I don't think I've ever really checked the amount of miles that post in detail and maybe they've just never seemed really wrong i.e. low as in no bonus applied or not the advertised rate, just that they do end up posting in shops away and eventually to FC.
#938882 by HokeyPokey
05 Oct 2017, 09:42
Ok, I get it now (see previous post) these 5 stays were completed about 2 months ago and the miles were probably only pending until that time and I'd not noticed. Fine so now they've been approved but at a lower rate because I chose to collect Hotels.com Reward Nights. I remember now - was mentioned in a previous thread, hopefully now better ingrained!

Maybe no help re marshy11's mystery miles...
#938885 by marshy11
05 Oct 2017, 13:08
I shudder to admit the mystery miles have come from Waitrose shops - despite it being a 50 mile round trip for me - the miles aren't accurate on dates (unless I really have been there every single day) so it looks like a mass credit. Hopefully they won't disappear as they are into their thousands (don't tell my husband!).
Virgin Atlantic