This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#939108 by buns
15 Oct 2017, 19:38
The ever vigilant Mrs Buns has noticed some tweaks to the Spa Menu at Gatwick:

Here

Some subtle changes, no longer is the manicure complementary, now just a "file & buff". Still looking forward to it though ;-)

buns
#939109 by tontybear
15 Oct 2017, 20:04
Is it just me or are there less free treatments than before?

It's basically a nail file and buff, a head massage or a quick wipe down over the face with a damp rag!
#939111 by buns
15 Oct 2017, 20:09
Tonty

Just compared the revised menu with the revised menu at Heathrow. The main benefit of Heathrow complimentary treatments is the availbaility of hair dressing - many which remain free

buns
#939114 by tontybear
15 Oct 2017, 20:34
Yes I had a quick look. I remember the safety razoe shave being free but no longer.
#939116 by Shirley Heights
15 Oct 2017, 20:41
buns wrote:The ever vigilant Mrs Buns has noticed some tweaks to the Spa Menu at Gatwick:

Here

Some subtle changes, no longer is the manicure complementary, now just a "file & buff". Still looking forward to it though ;-)

buns

I stand to be corrected as Mrs Buns is a far more regular flyer than I am, but I'm sure the complimentary manicure & polish was 'enhanced' more than a year ago. This was always the treatment I loved to take advantage of. Since then it has been the file & buff only.
#939119 by buns
15 Oct 2017, 21:13
Shirley Heights wrote:
I stand to be corrected as Mrs Buns is a far more regular flyer than I am, but I'm sure the complimentary manicure & polish was 'enhanced' more than a year ago. This was always the treatment I loved to take advantage of. Since then it has been the file & buff only.

Mrs Buns has noticed that since she was last here in July, her favourite hand and arm treatment has now been "enhanced" :-( It strikes me there has been a harmonisation of the treatment menus offered at Heathrow, Gatwick and JFK - subject of course to the facilities available at each.
buns
#939120 by Shirley Heights
15 Oct 2017, 21:35
buns wrote:
Shirley Heights wrote:

Mrs Buns has noticed that since she was last here in July, her favourite hand and arm treatment has now been "enhanced" :-( It strikes me there has been a harmonisation of the treatment menus offered at Heathrow, Gatwick and JFK - subject of course to the facilities available at each.
buns

Hi Buns (and Mrs Buns!)

Thanks for correcting me. I was last in the LGW Clubhouse back in May, so not only am I losing my mind, I also missed out on my favourite comp treatment on my previous visits over the last year - DAMN!!!
#939146 by buns
17 Oct 2017, 05:53
Shirley Heights wrote:
Shirley Heights wrote:
Hi Buns (and Mrs Buns!)

Thanks for correcting me. I was last in the LGW Clubhouse back in May, so not only am I losing my mind, I also missed out on my favourite comp treatment on my previous visits over the last year - DAMN!!!

To prevent any confusion, Mrs Buns was happy to fork out for her paid treatment - she is upset that it has changed and no longer contains the arm treatment ;-(

Whilst I did have the same reaction as Commander B (for a nano second) I convinced myself that a Redhead or two will help me overcome my distress :-D

buns
Virgin Atlantic