This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#939405 by NYC123
02 Nov 2017, 14:25
1st Anniversary time and managed to hit the 10k limit so got two vouchers on my wifes black card.

She only has 50k of miles where i have 120k so if we were to book flights for the pair of us would she be able to use one voucher on her account and one on mine? or could i even use both on mine?
#939406 by mdhayes
02 Nov 2017, 14:48
I heard someone had success with this recently as long as the accounts were linked the agent was able to use the vouchers from one account and the miles from another, however, I'd take a guess to say not all agents will do this so might be worth sweet talking them or trying a different agent.
#939408 by vic110
02 Nov 2017, 19:49
I recently used my vouchers and didn't have enough money for 2 so they used my husband's miles and transfered them to my account without any charge.
#939409 by Rotty
03 Nov 2017, 00:04
yes you can do either of those, I have done in past and am doing again in next couple of weeks
#939410 by Eggtastico
03 Nov 2017, 09:55
as long as you have enough miles to cover one leg you should be fine.
I think the problem may arise if there is not enough miles in one account to cover at least 1 leg.
#939411 by spacedog
03 Nov 2017, 10:14
Yes, it should be fine. I recently used two vouchers for two family members. I covered two legs with miles from my account, then the remaining two legs were covered with miles from their accounts. I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was :)
#939413 by Rotty
03 Nov 2017, 11:57
Eggtastico wrote:as long as you have enough miles to cover one leg you should be fine.
I think the problem may arise if there is not enough miles in one account to cover at least 1 leg.

I don't even think that is necessary

or at least it had best not be the case, I called them to check that I could book 2 flights from my wifes account and use my vouchers, they said it was fine and on that basis bought some miles on miles boost
#939416 by Hev60
03 Nov 2017, 20:06
Rotty wrote:
Eggtastico wrote:as long as you have enough miles to cover one leg you should be fine.

I don't even think that is necessary

or at least it had best not be the case, I called them to check that I could book 2 flights from my wifes account and use my vouchers, they said it was fine and on that basis bought some miles on miles boost

I agree with what Eggtastico wrote in that context. Whenever we’ve used miles, whether for a basic reward fare or an upgrade, I have always been told there must be enough miles in one of the accounts to cover at least one sector. I had to buy some miles for my friend to enable her to meet that requirement. I was then able to use my miles to cover the other three sectors. If my account had all the miles required, then it might have been different but I’ve never been in that position.
#939468 by Rotty
08 Nov 2017, 01:06
I'm confused now

had 30k in wifes account, paid for another 10 for her account as econ rewards are 2 x 20k

PE upgrade vouchers are in my name

I was told 100% that this was ok before they took my money for the extra miles
#939476 by HokeyPokey
08 Nov 2017, 12:20
As far as I understand it each contributing account has to cover all of miles of at least one passenger in one direction - 10k for an Rotty's economy return. I didn't think you could pool the miles as such but only pay miles from different accounts per sector - multiples of 10k in this case but not say 10001 and 29999?
#939477 by Rotty
08 Nov 2017, 12:24
yes you cant pool miles like that but I want to pay both return economies for my wife's account , 40k total and then use the PE vouchers from my account

they said it was ok but I cant confirm anywhere
Virgin Atlantic