This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#939418 by Wilbs
04 Nov 2017, 16:22
My AU membership was due to be renewed on the 31/10. Unfortunately for me on that day Virgin FC decided to go through all the mistakes that had happened with Delta giving to many Tiers & Points to everybody earlier in the year, once they had sorted my a/c I was left with 1015 Tiers enough to renew for another year, I was missing 50, but I knew I would be losing the Tiers over the 1000 so didn't query them.
I then checked my a/c the following day & according to VS I only had 975 making me 25 Tiers short, I could see that Virgin had not kept their side of the agreement by giving me only 100 instead of 125 per sector for my return Upper Class flight this September, which was booked before the new rate came in on the 13/11/16.
I rang FC & they could see their mistake & told me this would be rectified. The following day my FC a/c is showing me as a Silver Member >-(
I have rang FC several times this week & after being put on hold for 20 mins each call, they have told me they have restored my Gold Membership only to see that my a/c is still showing Silver!!
This is very annoying as I have earned my renewal and now due to no fault of my own I have lost the status that I had hoped to have for another year. This hasn't just happened to me, my husband has also been affected by their error.
Has this happened to anyone else, if so please can you tell me how to resolve it.
#939421 by tontybear
04 Nov 2017, 18:14
I would suggest a little patience as even though the staff do things to your account it can take a little time for it to flow through the system and update everything.

Constantly calling won't help - you're just wasting everyone's time. If it hasn't resolved by the middle of next week then I would start pursuing again but not on a daily basis.
#939447 by Wilbs
06 Nov 2017, 12:30
tontybear wrote:I would suggest a little patience as even though the staff do things to your account it can take a little time for it to flow through the system and update everything.

Constantly calling won't help - you're just wasting everyone's time. If it hasn't resolved by the middle of next week then I would start pursuing again but not on a daily basis.

Thanks for your reply. I would just like to say that I haven’t been phoning FC on a “daily basis & wasting everyone’s time” .
I am annoyed with FC because every time I have phoned I am told that the matter has been resolved & told to check my a/c at the end of the day to find that nothing has changed >-(
As yet I am still showing as a Silver Member but I am hopeful that this may change by the middle of the week!
#939448 by mitchja
06 Nov 2017, 13:22
I’ve found Flying Club are getting slower at doing stuff in general now these days.

I had to wait 2 months for my retail therapy pre-order miles to be credited which finally happened the other week, and that’s after still having to send an email to DFASS to get them to send another email to Flying Club to get them to manually add the miles in the first place!
#939449 by CommanderB
06 Nov 2017, 13:30
I've had good success using the online live chat for stuff like this.

No wait times and you usually see the mileage etc update on page refresh.
#939450 by pjh
06 Nov 2017, 13:41
CommanderB wrote:I've had good success using the online live chat for stuff like this.

No wait times and you usually see the mileage etc update on page refresh.

How do you get the online chat to appear? For me it seems to be only when looking at making a booking...
#939452 by CommanderB
06 Nov 2017, 15:33
pjh wrote:How do you get the online chat to appear? For me it seems to be only when looking at making a booking...

Thats what I do, wait on the booking page until it appears. Also happens in Manage booking etc too. You just have to wait a while after page load.

The fact it is not about a booking is irrelevant to me. You are talking to VS customer services, who can action Flying Club actions, same as the phone employees.
Virgin Atlantic