This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#939736 by Q_Division
20 Nov 2017, 17:32
Perhaps I've missed something but am currently looking at fares for MCO next September both ex MAN and LGW in either PE or UC to the point where PE is coming in at figures where I could have gone UC for this year (and probably should have done in retrospect) but they seem so much more expensive than this year or previous years. Anyone know the reason?
#939740 by stuart_f
20 Nov 2017, 18:22
Airline prices generally follow a 'bathtub' model. Prices at 330 days out are high because airlines know that people who have limited flexibility will be forced to pay the premium to lock in their dates now. Once the initial rush is over, prices will fall and will only rise again once either the supply dries up or the flight date approaches.

If you have any flexibility, wait for a good deal to come along. Once you've paid what you consider a fair price, stop checking :D
#939741 by Q_Division
20 Nov 2017, 18:56
Thanks, I think you're probably right. I've gone over my older bookings and I seem to book between Jan and Apr, for my trips between Sept and Nov. Clearly far too eager this year :D