This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#939881 by mallin
27 Nov 2017, 08:10
We have had some Virgin miles sitting in our account for some time, not enough for a complete UC reward, but enough for a one way.

So after humming it over with the other half, where can we go, what can we afford, its our 45th Anniversary in March as well. W e will be wanting some warmth by then, Dubai no, Miami no. We have already booked our trips for later in the year, Seattle June and Vegas in Sep/Oct. After looking at the stupid prices Thomson and others are charging for the Canaries/ Cape Verde, booked one way out to Lax 20th March very small road trip then onto Vegas returning via BA.

It will be first time on a 787 was surprised on both flights how many seats were available or not selected. Managed to get 7/8A on the Dreamliner and upstairs on the 747 coming back with BA, there were no selected seats at all on the BA flight so do not know whether that was a good sign or not.

Really looking forward to going in the LHR clubhouse have not been in there in 4 years, as going over to the dark side, have got really good deals on Vegas accommodation, so just car hire next. Linda :-D
#939882 by hiljil
27 Nov 2017, 09:42
A very good way to spend a cold Sunday in November ! And think of all those happy hours of anticipation! :-D
#939886 by Smid
27 Nov 2017, 15:06
mallin wrote:Managed to get 7/8A on the Dreamliner and upstairs on the 747 coming back with BA, there were no selected seats at all on the BA flight so do not know whether that was a good sign or not.

BA seats being paid for at something like £70 each way tends to make them often unreserved for a long time... I wouldn't take that as a sign that the seats haven't been sold...
#939928 by ColOrd
28 Nov 2017, 20:52
Well done on the booking! Have fun!

gumshoe wrote:Just don’t count on it staying a 787 .....

I think you might be safe, I've yet to see anything other than a 787 on PVG/HGK & LAX, they do seem to be restricting the 340 subs to Seattle and SFO and anything goes for East Coast!
Virgin Atlantic