This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#939905 by pjh
28 Nov 2017, 08:50
Has anyone experienced using DTCI when flying Delta One on Delta metal booked via VS (so I have both VS and a Delta booking reference)? There are lots of references to it being available, but there are a couple of specific questions I wonder if anyone can help with;

1. If I want to do a pre-booking of a slot do I call VS or Delta ?

2. Per SlimpyJones' TR about his DL31 trip I understand that if you check in at the terminal you first have to go to the Delta desk for a Homeland Security check. How is this handled in DTCI? There is reference in the VS Upper Class Wing pages about allowing an extra 10 minutes if flying Delta.

I've searched the TRs and can't find anything that answers my questions. If there is a TR that does so just point me at it... :-D

Thanks

Paul
#939908 by tontybear
28 Nov 2017, 11:03
I read this page arrange your arrival at UC wing section] to mean

If booked via VS even if flying DL then call VS.

If booked via DL even if flying VS then you call DL
#939923 by Vegascrazy
28 Nov 2017, 18:48
I called the DL number they provide to book our slot a few months back. Our metal was changed to DL from VS and the flight number became a DL only one - no VS codeshare. All was fine and our drive through slot was reserved
“If you're a Delta customer, call 0808 145 3742 (UK) or 1 800 985 8706 (international)”
#939924 by pjh
28 Nov 2017, 19:08
Thanks for the inputs all. You've given me the reassurance I need that we'll be able to use the DTCI. Maybe a First World Problem par excellence, but it's one of the things that makes it special for MrsPJH, who is normally of the mindset that Ryanair service is "a little over the top".

Vegascrazy wrote:I called the DL number they provide to book our slot a few months back. Our metal was changed to DL from VS and the flight number became a DL only one - no VS codeshare. All was fine and our drive through slot was reserved
“If you're a Delta customer, call 0808 145 3742 (UK) or 1 800 985 8706 (international)”

Ours is a codeshare. In the end I'll phone one or the other and it will get sorted.

@Vegascrazy - did you have to do an additional Homeland Security checks on arrival at the UC Wing?
#939926 by pjh
28 Nov 2017, 20:08
Vegascrazy wrote:Our flight was in June, we didn’t have any additional checks at the UC wing, unsure if things have changed since?

Thanks. I guess we'll see in a few weeks. Actually I think I should be more concerned about the M25 than about the apparatus of the US state....
Virgin Atlantic