This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#940026 by TheAngryMidget
02 Dec 2017, 20:49
New member here, though I've been lurking for a few weeks. It's 100 days until I fly with VA for the first time. We're going MAN - JFK for a week in PE - I'm so super excited as it's also my first time going to the US!
#940030 by ColOrd
02 Dec 2017, 22:58
Welcome the forum!

You will have a fab time, the crews out of Manchester always seem to go above and beyond.

I've never flown PE, only ever Upper or Economy, so I cannot comment there, but I hear very good things!

I assume you have sorted your ESTA and things? I've only flown into JFK once, as a returning visitor, but it was very efficient, although I have heard it can be quite bad if you land at the 1wrong time of day, so be make sure you make a bee-line for the immigration hall and most importantly have a fab time in The Big Apple and make sure you give us a trip report afterwards!
#940032 by Snora
03 Dec 2017, 01:00
Wow I remember my first PE ! LHR to Jo'burg. an overnight flight and loved it ! so much better than Economy ! Loads of advice on here as you have probably seen about NYC and sometime in the future grabbing those ever elusive G's (Upper Class) also well worth the effort . But stay strong..... once you have flown PE there is no returning to Ec and once you have flown a G there is no returning to PE..... it is a slippy slope into self indulgence .... be warned. Have Fun !
#940038 by TheAngryMidget
03 Dec 2017, 21:26
Thank you both.
ColOrd - I've not sorted my ESTA yet - I was planning to do that in February. Should I maybe do it sooner?
Snora - I've heard a lot of good things about VA, and especially PE. I'm sure it'll ruin me for other airlines! :-D
#940041 by Sealink
03 Dec 2017, 22:48
I remember my first flight with VS and I still get the same rush ! Manchester crew are brilliant.
#940043 by honey lamb
03 Dec 2017, 23:10
TheAngryMidget wrote:Thank you both.
ColOrd - I've not sorted my ESTA yet - I was planning to do that in February. Should I maybe do it sooner?

Don't. It lasts for two years and you may well wish to visit the US again during its duration. On one occasion I hadn't expected to be revisiting the US within the lifetime of the existing ESTA but an unexpected trip made me glad it was still valid. Just don't leave it till the last minute. Normally I have had immediate approval but the last time I had to wait a couple of hours but it wasn't an issue.

Oh and once you have visited the US you will want to go back again!
Virgin Atlantic