This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#940521 by mitchja
05 Jan 2018, 19:17
Received this from VS trade this morning:

Starts at the end of January.

We’re making more connections to Australia

We have some exciting news. We have a new codeshare agreement with Virgin Australia, creating more fantastic travel options between the UK and Australia. From the end of January, your customers will have the opportunity to experience all the destinations they want to travel to; more seamlessly, just on our airlines, in one booking and with the ease of a single check in and bag drop.

Your customers can book and fly daily from London Heathrow to Melbourne, via Hong Kong or Los Angeles, then connect onto a Virgin Australia flight straight to Melbourne. And as part of the codeshare, there are connections from LA to Sydney and Brisbane too.

There will be up to three daily flights between London Heathrow and Los Angeles with a daily flight to Hong Kong, creating the most flexible travel options to Australia than ever before.
#941634 by nkp85uk
14 Feb 2018, 14:51
Hmm probably not! I think Delta is the only codeshare partner that you can buddy up VS rewards flights along with partner rewards, but I might be wrong.
These codeshare aren’t showing any availability yet as far as I can see.
#941659 by RyanJW
15 Feb 2018, 20:22
Such a shame that the HKG clubhouse is gone. Would have made perfect sense to have a Clubhouse at the LAX and HKG stop-over points. It was always baffling that VS and VA never made codesharing a priority...
#941773 by Snora
22 Feb 2018, 15:00
Having just landed from a HKG to LHR flight i can report that there were 141 passengers on board and about 36 of those were in UC. as there were about 160+ on our way out the HKG route looks shaky surely.? Maybe introducing the opportunity to carry onto Oz will make a difference.

First time in HKG lounge as a VS customer, OK selection of F&B but nothing that would stick in my mind.

We had just flown in from Singapore with Singapore Airlines having been upgraded to Business Class from PE - now that trip WILL stick in our minds!
#941776 by RyanJW
22 Feb 2018, 17:41
I can see it on Google Flights but requires you to call VS to make the booking.

Three hours on the layover seems pretty reasonable on the outbound.
Attachments
virgin_lhr_hkg_mel.png
virgin_lhr_hkg_mel.png (140.49 KiB) Viewed 3289 times
#943352 by mitchja
05 May 2018, 20:02
The VA codeshare agreement is being extended to now also include a flight to SYD from HKG and a couple of domestic routes within Australia from July:

We've added a new daily connection to Sydney through Hong Kong in addition to Melbourne

There's new domestic Australia connections that have been added to the codeshare – Adelaide to both Sydney and Melbourne and Canberra to Melbourne.
Virgin Atlantic