This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#940612 by CommanderB
08 Jan 2018, 11:09
The website has been updated to include the forthcoming A330-200 seat maps (and also updated with the two version of the A330-300 seat map).

https://www.virginatlantic.com/gb/en/vi ... _exp_fleet

It should give some insight into what can be expected for anybody who now has to fly an Air Berlin Aircraft.
#940613 by mitchja
08 Jan 2018, 11:25
Thanks, though until VS offer the same product the sell from other UK airports, I'm still avoiding flying VS from/to MAN for the most part of 2018 >-(

Both the A333 maps have been on there for some time now, the old config will be gone soon though all being well as there is now only 1 A333 (G-VUFO) left in service with the old suite.

Hopefully once G-VWAG returns from XMN towards the end of Jan, G-VUFO will be sent straight there and then that's it for that seat!!
#940626 by Annab14$
08 Jan 2018, 18:00
I have booked 5k on the seat map to Atlanta in June and that seat doesn’t seem to be on the map. Should I move seats now so I don’t end up in a love seat with a stranger as there are some single aisle seats available, Concerned I may be moved?
#940627 by Shirley Heights
08 Jan 2018, 19:50
Annab14$ wrote:I have booked 5k on the seat map to Atlanta in June and that seat doesn’t seem to be on the map. Should I move seats now so I don’t end up in a love seat with a stranger as there are some single aisle seats available, Concerned I may be moved?

Very strange you were able to book seat 5K, when like you, I also can't see this seat on the Air Berlin (A330-200) aircraft seat map.

Are you travelling from MAN - ATL on VS109 in June? If so, I am intrigued. Or are you travelling from LHR - ATL? It seems only certain MAN and LGW flights will be on the A330-200 for a period during Spring/Summer 2018.

Hopefully a more knowledgeable poster can fully clarify.
#940630 by Annab14$
08 Jan 2018, 20:56
Yes I’m flying on the A330-200 in June from Manchester to Atlanta and seat 5k is available on manage my booking so I selected that a few weeks ago. As it’s now not on the seat map online that is posted on this thread I’m concerned that I’m going to be moved. There are no A / K seats available but there are still some single ones I could select which I would prefer to one of the middle seats, hoping there is someone on here with an insight into this.....
#940640 by Shirley Heights
08 Jan 2018, 23:04
Annab14$ wrote:Yes I’m flying on the A330-200 in June from Manchester to Atlanta and seat 5k is available on manage my booking so I selected that a few weeks ago. As it’s now not on the seat map online that is posted on this thread I’m concerned that I’m going to be moved. There are no A / K seats available but there are still some single ones I could select which I would prefer to one of the middle seats, hoping there is someone on here with an insight into this.....

As we can both see that seat 5K doesn't seem to exist on the A330-200, I would be inclined to book one of the single seats still showing avavilable on the seat map. In the meantime, keep checking every so often as you may be lucky enough to find an A or K seat has become available - highly unlikely with so few seats - but you never know.

Purely speculation on my part, but I wonder if this was originally a flight on an A330-300 aircraft so 5K would have made sense. Then the flight was changed to an A300-200 but your seat was never rebooked to an alternative??!!

As you rightly said, I hope someone with more insight will do you the courtesy of trying to explain what may have happened.

PS. Have you contacted VS? Maybe you have been rebooked but for some reason it is not showing in your booking.
#940652 by VSSCC
09 Jan 2018, 12:54
5K and centre rows 49-51 are planned to be used for flight and cabin crew rest but only on routes that require rest which will be the MAN-SFO.

I don't believe there are plans to keep these seats permanently blocked off on flights that don't require rest.
#940654 by VS075
09 Jan 2018, 14:36
mitchja wrote:Thanks, though until VS offer the same product the sell from other UK airports, I'm still avoiding flying VS from/to MAN for the most part of 2018 >-(

If you want to fly PE or really like the UCS seat or bar, then I understand your stance. However, if you're flying Economy is it going to be much different or has it been confirmed the Air Berlin seats/IFE are being retained?
#940682 by Lucille
10 Jan 2018, 14:15
gilly wrote:It appears we are scheduled to fly to Grenada on one of these in June. Disappointed to see there’s no bar, as we normally quite enjoy spending a little time there.

We're on one of these out of LGW to Grenada on the 1st June in UC.

I've nabbed 3A & 5A for us, these solo suites as VS are 'branding' them, do get quite good reports on Air Berlin reviews. The real proof will be when reviews of the UC product on these A330-200 start coming in later on in the year. Like you, I liked the bar and it was quite a convenient spot and it's a shame that it's been lost to the UC passengers, this may put more of a burden on the cabin crew?

It's not what I signed up to when booking, but mine are reward seats and those are hard enough to come by this year and I don't want to take the risk of re-booking at a different time.
#945177 by nickw
21 Jul 2018, 18:12
Hi guys

Long time lurker, first time poster! I picked up a decent Upper Class return fare from MAN to BOS today, it's on the A330-200.

The seat map on the Virgin site and Seat Guru has no mention of seat 5K, but I have chosen this seat for both the outbound and inbound flight.

I'm travelling alone for a conference, and ideally I want to be left alone and get some sleep - especially on the way back.

Is seat 5K going to fit the bill? Or should I choose another? There's scant choice left so I need to make it quick. I'm only asking here because it's the only place on the internet I can find where seat 5K is mentioned, no where else seems to recognise its existence.

Any advice or experiences of seat 5K much appreciated... thanks in advance :)
#945192 by A332 fan
22 Jul 2018, 09:46
I had the same dilemma regarding 5K in June.....contacted virgin to double check it does exist! All the window seats ie A and K are lovely and private. 5K is by the toilet but my travelling companion didnt find this caused any disruption. It does have a curtain rail above the seat so mind your head!

Personally if there are no other A or K seats available I would definitely stick with this as all other seats are far less private.
#945195 by nickw
22 Jul 2018, 12:08
Ok thanks!

I will stick with 5K on the outbound as it’s the only seat not in the middle remaining.

On the return I have 2K, which I also hear good things about.

Will report back with a trip report in September. Thank you again.
#945199 by Sealink
23 Jul 2018, 03:36
mitchja wrote:Thanks, though until VS offer the same product the sell from other UK airports, I'm still avoiding flying VS from/to MAN for the most part of 2018 >-(

Perhaps they should have just cancelled the routes until 787s were back and original aircraft rostering was restored.
#945206 by 747Rich
23 Jul 2018, 14:45
I am flying next May (hoping they will have been re-fitted by then) and have selected 1E and 1F for my partner and I. Slightly disappointed as I have been saving my miles for a while to get an upper class reward and really wanted to sample the 747 with the 14 seats and bar, but it changes to a 332 in April and I go in May to Jamaica! Although I like the fact we can sit together and keeping my fingers crossed the new seat is decent!
#946166 by seany
16 Sep 2018, 02:12
I've flown on the A332 in Upper before, and had a different seat map to the one I'm being shown in MMB for my next trip (in 3 days). Dead certain I flew in 5k before?! This seat map doesn't even match what's on the VS website, for example there is no 3H on the website seatmap, there is no 5k on either this seatmap or the VS website. I understand 5k is blocked someties for crew rest, but my route (ANU) doesn't have crew rest plus the rest of the seat map is not even close!...Confused.

#946167 by VSSCC
16 Sep 2018, 12:58
One of the A330-200s has a slightly different layout in the J cabin this is GVLNM

GVLNM hasnt flown in a while as its had a general tidy up inside and out in preparation for her big refurb this winter.
Virgin Atlantic