This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#940741 by trusse03
13 Jan 2018, 11:04
So we've finally gone and booked our honeymoon with Virgin Holiday to San Fran, Los Angeles and Las Vegas with Virgin Holidays.

We're flying out from Heathrow and were given the option of paying for clubhouse access at Heathrow (We're flying premium economy).

Hearing good things about the clubhouse we have decided to pay for access, now my question is, do we get all the same benefits as those who just get access based on flying upper class? I'm thinking mainly spa treatments, it doesn't bother me if we don't, but would just be nice to know what we do and don't get based on how we're accessing the clubhouse.

Thanks and sorry if this has been asked before.
#940745 by pjh
13 Jan 2018, 11:24
trusse03 wrote:So we've finally gone and booked our honeymoon with Virgin Holiday to San Fran, Los Angeles and Las Vegas with Virgin Holidays.

We're flying out from Heathrow and were given the option of paying for clubhouse access at Heathrow (We're flying premium economy).

Hearing good things about the clubhouse we have decided to pay for access, now my question is, do we get all the same benefits as those who just get access based on flying upper class? I'm thinking mainly spa treatments, it doesn't bother me if we don't, but would just be nice to know what we do and don't get based on how we're accessing the clubhouse.

Thanks and sorry if this has been asked before.


You'll be treated exactly the same as any other user of the Clubhouse. Once you're in, you're in and no one asks about the means by which you got there.

Specifically in respect of Spa treatments, some are free but many are paid for. Another V-Flyer whose interest is more than just a free head polish (too little hair to call it a haircut) may be able to help with the detail of which is which. Again, there is no distinction made about who pays and who doesn't.

Hope this helps set your mind at rest, and have a great honeymoon when the time rolls around. A visit to the CH is a great choice to start your trip.
#940751 by tontybear
13 Jan 2018, 15:38
the spa menu lists which are free and which are paid for.
#940754 by Nottingham Nick
13 Jan 2018, 15:54
There are a number of old threads about paid Clubhouse access.

Whilst I have not done it for a long time, I do know that peoiple have posted in the past that paid access is limited to three hours, as opposed to those UC / Gold pax that like to spend most the day / evening in there before a late flight ;-)

I don't know if this is still the case, or how rigidly it is enforced. It may be worth enquiring if you book.

Nick
#940758 by Hev60
13 Jan 2018, 16:49
Nottingham Nick wrote:There are a number of old threads about paid Clubhouse access.

Whilst I have not done it for a long time, I do know that peoiple have posted in the past that paid access is limited to three hours, as opposed to those UC / Gold pax that like to spend most the day / evening in there before a late flight ;-)

I don't know if this is still the case, or how rigidly it is enforced. It may be worth enquiring if you book.

Nick


Nick just to say yes that 3hr time slot was actually pointed out to me when I originally booked the Gatwick Clubhouse for our trip to Florida in June.

I had decided to give my family a surprise and book the clubhouse (probably a big part of it was for me as this holiday's flights are going to be out of my ususal comfort zone!!)

The VH rep pointed out that we would only be allowed 3 hrs but did say all the free and paid for benefits were available to anyone in the Clubhouse.

My surprise went pear shaped when the younger adult members of the family opted for the V-Room, over the clubhouse :-O and when I asked to change the venue, the VH rep thought I'd lost the plot. It will however be interesting to compare.

trusse03 ... I agree you've made a very good choice, so spend as much time as you can in the clubhouse and I do honestly wonder if someone will really come up and tap you on the shoulder and say 'times up'. Personally I find three hours in the clubhouse is usually an adequate time as I hate hanging around at the airport for too long, in whatever the surroundings!!
#940766 by pjh
13 Jan 2018, 19:42
Hev60 wrote:
trusse03 ... I agree you've made a very good choice, so spend as much time as you can in the clubhouse and I do honestly wonder if someone will really come up and tap you on the shoulder and say 'times up'. Personally I find three hours in the clubhouse is usually an adequate time as I hate hanging around at the airport for too long, in whatever the surroundings!!


Sorry, I'd forgotten about the time limit but as Hev60 says 3 hours is adequate time to have a meal, a treatment and a few drinks.

Don't forget;

- as soon as you're in, head to the spa reception on the diagonal right from the entrance to book treatments.
- if you're driving / being driven on the M25 and not staying in a hotel nearby the night before work on the basis that you will be delayed. Personally I'd rather spend time before my allotted 3 hour slot mooching around duty free if the delays have not happened than stuck on the M25 watching CH time evaporate.
#940771 by gumshoe
13 Jan 2018, 21:39
Hev60 wrote:I do honestly wonder if someone will really come up and tap you on the shoulder and say 'times up'.


That would never happen. The obvious way to enforce it would be to not allow entry until 3 hours before departure (or 3 hours 50 to allow for boarding time).
#940772 by tontybear
13 Jan 2018, 21:46
I don't think they come and chuck you out when 3 hours is up but rather they don't let you in until approx 3 hours before your flight is scheduled to depart.
#940805 by Phil.Durrant
15 Jan 2018, 13:32
its great news that you have been able to pay for access to the clubhouse, you will love the experience

I wasn't aware Virgin were offering the chance to do this? I was of the understanding that this opportunity was removed a few years ago, and only way to get clubhouse access was as a guest of an UC passenger, FC Gold, or via the "Guestlist" package.
#940807 by gumshoe
15 Jan 2018, 13:55
Virgin Holidays has offered paid Clubhouse access to its PE customers for years.

Virgin Atlantic never has officially, although it is sometimes available at the discretion of Clubhouse staff, if they think there’s enough space.
#940809 by mitchja
15 Jan 2018, 14:20
It’s not just Premium Economy pax, anyone booking a V Hols package has always had the option to pay for Clubhouse access at either LGW or LHR. I noticed the LHR price has increased quite a bit now though as it is (or was) £60 pp for LGW and ~£75 pp for LHR now.

It’s capacity controlled though with V Hols only selling a fixed number of entries per day.
Virgin Atlantic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Yahoo [Bot] and 44 guests

Itinerary Calendar