This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#940781 by Rabbit
14 Jan 2018, 11:18
Hi all, just recently came back from a trip to Vegas where my husband and I managed to upgrade our economy seats to premium and upper. Just wondering if we've been charged the right amount of taxes for this though now that I saw a breakdown.

Husband did straight miles upgrade both ways to UC.

I did a paid upgrade to Vegas in PE that cost 209 and a miles upgrade on the way back.

In total we paid 209, 125, 175, 125.

The 209 breakdown was: 134 for the pe upgrade and 75 tax. So looking at the 125 x2 and 175, which should only be taxes, it seems like we've overpaid?

Would appreciate some advice from you knowledgeable people. I used to be quite the frequent flier on virgin but not so much these days.
#940782 by Rabbit
14 Jan 2018, 11:26
Oh and I would like to add that no miles have been added to either of our fc accounts for the economy cash portion. I did get mine for the paid PE upgrade. I tried to claim online but it comes up with 0 miles for those sectors. Am I going to have to ring them?
#940785 by mitchja
14 Jan 2018, 12:08
I can't help with the taxes sorry, but for the miles you will need to ring Flying Club and then only a supervisor can get the miles / tier points added to you account for the original cabin you paid for.
#940794 by tontybear
14 Jan 2018, 17:52
The only real tax you would have paid would have been the additional £75 APD when upgrading from economy to Premium / Upper on the flights leaving the UK.

The rest of the charge is down to VS and there is no link between what they charge ex-UK and what they charge ex-US for their 'carrier surcharge'