This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#940783 by tommyb
14 Jan 2018, 11:30
I have a reward seat that I am looking to use, ideally at the end of March/start of April.

We would be looking to travel to Orlando, I know that the reward seats are full on the direct flights. Is anyone able to tell me if there are any on routes that would require a connecting flight either through JFK/BOS/ATL?

Also how far in advance would i need to look to book a reward flight? This one is last minute due to a change in circumstances.

Thanks
#940795 by tontybear
14 Jan 2018, 18:05
Welcome to V-flyer

Unfortunately there is no magic tool that would give you that information.

You will have to do some dummy 'spend miles' bookings and see what the VS website comes up with.

You might want to consider MIA as well.

Alternatives might be VS reward seats to (as you suggest) NYC/BOS/ATL and then cash tickets from their to Florida.

'end of March / start of April' = Easter Holiday period and so reward seats will be hard to come by unless you are flexible and willing to travel on 'off' days and have an unusual trip length - so 5 or 6 or 8 days instead of the usual 7.
#940798 by tommyb
14 Jan 2018, 21:03
Thanks for that. Unfortunately the other half is a teacher so we are limited to holidays

Whats the best way of checking the website? Ive been told different things when I rang up Flying Club.